• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Blue Scar, Afan. Good-ish news.
  • Ambrose

FWIW, the weather has started to take it’s toll on the uber sanitary surfaces of Blue Scar and line choices are now required. Hopefully as the wet weather continues so the trails will further improve. Thankfully the woodwork remains grippy.

rob8624
    Free Member

Yea, there’s a few shortcuts emerging! ?

Paceman
    Free Member

We’ll be riding it this weekend, will let you know how it goes 😀

Nobby

there’s a few shortcuts emerging

But beware the stumps!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

And the one that looks like part of the trail but isn’t and leads to a topple if you panic brake!

rob8624
    Free Member

There’s a section before the wooden bridge thing that can catch people out pretty easily if your shifting!

Kryton57

Nobby – Member

But beware the stumps!

A bit late now Nobby, you could have told him before he went shooting off…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Love that trail, yeah it’s weathering in nicely – I’m starting to get stupid high on the berm/wall ride just after the wood thing.

Great for kids too.

Nobby

A bit late now Nobby, you could have told him before he went shooting off…

He’s the reason I’m aware of the evil things 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

I thought I did this trail on Sat…I remember it being pretty smooth to blat down (on a xc hardtail) and didn’t recall any woodwork…

Is there another blue trail from the penhydd ascent then?

Nobby

You couldn’t have missed this bit:

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Hahahaha! One of the lads went off that and plopped down like a sack of potatoes! Love that trail.

philwarren11
    Free Member

It needs something to change to stop me from falling asleep. That said, its not as rubbish as Penhydd. Hands down the worst trail at Afan.

rob8624
    Free Member

I like Penhydd, I know a lot of people don’t but Sidewinder and Dead Sheep Gully are worth it on their own. It’s not as good at the old trail which i rode a lot, but there you go. I like the fact they were designed to help easy people into trail riding and there is now a great selection of trails at Afan, from Blue Scar to all the off-piste crazy stuff.

DT78
    Free Member

Ah yes I do remember that. Well mostly the handrail. I was thinking you were talking about sort of narrow raised stuff you used to see on the wall (goodwood?). That stuff on blue scar was liking riding on the pavement!

I quite liked the trail. I had just done blade and w2 and my wrist killing me so smooth and fast was a nice change.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Blue Scar, Afan. Good-ish news.’ is closed to new replies.