Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Blu-ray – Worth it?
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

agreed – I have a 37 inch TV – and it is very obvious when there is something on in HD

john_drummer
    Free Member

just been looking on Richer Sounds’ website, I can get an LG BluRay 5.1 surround sound system for under £200; I shall be visiting RS Leeds tomorrow, weather permitting 🙂

I’m very happy with LG product, our TV is an LG one – although it seems to be “only” 1080i – and our existing 5.1 DVD system is also LG, and has been running for many years without a problem.

plumber
    Free Member

Bugger my se7en bluray was from canada last year

looks like I’ll be getting the 1080p version now 😀

another reason to hate Canuckians – my day continues to get betterer

john_drummer
    Free Member

well I didn’t risk Leeds city centre, went to a local retail park & picked up a nice Panasonic 5.1 BluRay job.

Looks amazing, even with upscaled regular DVDs, and I got to choose one free BluRay film too. Choice wasn’t great but I managed to find something – “Moon” with Sam Rockwell

Surprised to hear no sound coming from the TV itself with HDMI bluray playback, but to be honest, the 5.1 sound is far superior anyway

Cougar

I can definitely see the difference between Sky & Sky HD.

To be fair, that perhaps speaks more about broadcast SD than it does about HD. Some of the SD feeds are shocking.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Blu-ray – Worth it?’ is closed to new replies.