Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bloody ParcelForce!! can I…?
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

Can I Not accept the parcel and force them to return it?
    I’m not being that unreasonable am I?

Story as follows…
    Ordered a set of 29er Tyres from CRC (ParcelForce 48) on the 7th
    Got to main hub (Coventry?) on the 8th
    Still there now! and they say they won't get here by tomorrow either! 👿

But I can order from All Terrain and OnOne (Bradford and Doncaster) and get a next day service!?!?!??! (I’m in Southampton)

Really need 'em to make up ice tyres for the Strathpuffer in a real hurry now!
    Thought I’d left plenty of time, just ordered a more expensive pair from AllTerrain which they said should get here next day no worries. Fingers crossed!

They’re being delivered to work so I can I leave instruction with security to not accept the parcel.

Not CRC's fault I know but Parcel force said on the phone they'll not pay out anything not even to return the items! Because of the weather!
    I'm patient and given the circumstances would let 'em off a few days no problems, but 5 days in the hub with no prospects for tomorrow either is pish poor

Especially when every other courier company in the country can keep going

thomthumb
    Free Member

you should be able to refuse it. only concern is CRC returns form wont be in the bag for a refund?

29erKeith
    Free Member

Nope but the original invoice will though
    They will likely get in contact I'd hope

Alex

Same. Had stuff at Hereford Depot for 9 days now. Can't even collect it as Depot is "closed until further notice" because of ice and snow. Not really their fault to be fair, but frustrating to say the least.

As soon as the depot opens, I'll go fetch. Can't really be bothered to send it back. Just one of those things. The only really irritating part is trying to get PF to answer the phone. They must have the most annoying ACD in the free world 😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Given the current weather conditions All Terrain are stupid for guaranteeing that they'll be with you next day, and you're being a bit nieve to think that they will be. I'm not trolling, I'm trying to be realistic.

Can you not get the tyres locally?

Not sure what would be the best approach regarding the CRC order.

Surely the best option for you to get a set of tyres is to see who turns up first. You don't want to turn away CRC today only for the AT order not to arrive.

29erKeith
    Free Member

yeah there phone system drove my up the wall this afternoon

Is the whole of Coventry at a complete standstill?
    Yorkshire seems to be coping

29erKeith
    Free Member

Tried every single local shop
    Only pair I found were Kenda small block 8's which are no good at all
    And the only local bike mail order place I can think of is Wiggle who do nothing for 29ers at all 🙁

I'm banking on All Terrain

Absolute worst I can stud some Schwalby Little Alberts or Conti Mountain kings but neither are ideal as the knobbles on both are pretty small and it ideally needs somthing wide to support the studs

thomthumb
    Free Member

Can you not get the tyres locally?

29er tyres in a shop – you must be having a laugh!!! 😉

santac
    Free Member

it's a myth that all the other companies are working I'm waiting on DHL,home delivery network and TNT some are before xmas Parcelforce got to me no problem the others say they can't get here .I think PF are great they bothered to try and got here

mk1fan
    Free Member

The beauty of living in London I suppose.

29erKeith
    Free Member

you must be having a laugh!!!

exactly what I thought but I did try!

The Hub have got Small Block 8's 🙄

wormhole

agree with santac, i have a nice shinny new bike from planet x sitting about 10 miles up the road with DPD couriers, been there sinse the 8th Jan. only good thing is that i would'nt be able to ride it even if it came?? just want to stroke it!!!!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

The Hub have got Small Block 8'

how much? cheap?

29erKeith
    Free Member

didn't ask tbh

uplink
    Free Member

I reckon small block 8s would convert into great ice tyres

29erKeith
    Free Member

I was planning on going tubeless in some stans rims,
    to save on all this gaffa tape/old tube hassle a lot seem to be doing

small block 8's are very thin
    I've got a pair and they're great for summer, but I have torn 2 side walls before
    not sure they'd go tubeless well at all

MrTall
    Free Member

"And the only local bike mail order place I can think of is Wiggle who do nothing for 29ers at all"

Wiggle have 2 different makes of 29er tyre in stock? Intense 29er x 2 and One Panaracer Rampage. I got my Rampages there.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Mr Tall I didn't see them I'll look closer next time, cheers

All Terrain delivered via APC from Yorkshire in about 20 hours 😀

Parcelforce 8 days and counting! 👿

votchy
    Free Member

Keith,

Coventry has been running fine since I got back to work on the 4th, roads are clear in and out, give PF some more grief

PhilChap

Been waiting since last week for my ice tyres from CRC. They have been out for delivery everyday this week but no attempt has been made to deliver despite the roads being clear. The postman never missed a day throughout the 3 weeks of snow and ice and I have had parcel deliveries from other couriers no problem. Not impressed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bloody ParcelForce!! can I…?’ is closed to new replies.