Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bloody Midges! Anyone else been bitten yet?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Did a nice ride down the Forest of Dean yesterday. Weather was good, sunny for the mostpart yet a nice cooling breeze. Terrain was really good, only a couple of muddy patches but mostly dry and fast rolling. But…

The local wildlife was NOT so good… Got bitten to death! My legs have been bitten to pieces by midges, I've got bites the size of a 10p piece all over my legs now! Anybody else suffered yet?

Bladerunner
    Free Member

I was trail building yesterday and my left leg was eaten alive bloody midges drew blood, last night i felt like i had flu and this morning my leg is on fire swollen and feeling really tight so of to pharmacy for advice and no trail building without insect repellent from now on lol

Dave-j
    Free Member

You need Avon skin so soft body oil, makes you your skin oily and midges can,t land on you and bite you…

mboy
    Free Member

this morning my leg is on fire swollen and feeling really tight

I had that for two days! My leg was swollen badly, and could barely move it!

The itching is only just abating after a whole week now… 😕

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Do midges prefer left legs? Mine is a spotty swollen lump of midge meat feast right at the moment.

psychle
    Free Member

You know what, I reckon they were favouring my left leg as well yesterday!? Fair few of the bloody things stalking the exposed flesh on Leith Hill, hate the things!

warpcow
    Free Member

I got eaten alive walking the dogs yesterday. when it came to riding this morning I just thought, "f*ck it" and did my regular loop in record time without stopping. Who knew I didn't need 2 double Snickers to make it round?

They're a definitie incentive for faster riding, and our mosquito season hasn't started yet 😯

Northwind

10 Under the Ben was miraculously free of the little f***ers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bloody Midges! Anyone else been bitten yet?’ is closed to new replies.