Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bloody knocking shocks!
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Second shock this is happening to now! Had an monarch rt3 which knocked on compression, even slight movement, had a full service, came back still knocking. Now my ccdb air is doing it, just started today. Came back from a TF service recently and was fine initially. What the hell is this noise! Off to the Alps in a week so not really time to send it back. Bloody annoying! Anyone else experienced this?

variflex
    Free Member

Ive had 2 x rt3’s get replaced under warranty and it seems to be a reasonably common theme. No experience of CCDB’s though

nickscots1
    Free Member

Definitely not the mountings ? Even a half millimetre play can knock.

bigjim

Both the monarchs I’ve had have done it

jakehinton
    Free Member

Did it ever actually affect the monarchs? Mine always actually functioned fine the noise was just annoying! Hopefully its the same on the ccdb

davewalsh
    Free Member

My CCDBAir did exactly the same after a tftuned service, they hadn’t tightened the air shaft bolt properly and it had come loose. Better get it back to them quickly or they’ll say it’s out of warranty and charge you £65 for correcting their mistake 🙁
    I wouldn’t take it to the alps like that, it will only get worse.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Only had it back a couple of weeks, done a few rides on it and it was fine. Just started today. Ill double check the bushings but all the mounting hardware is solid and its the same noise as occurs on the rt3 which was definitely the shock. Maybe tf will rush it through for me if its their mistake, or send me one to use whilst im away and they’re sorting mine.

Out of interest what was the actual issue causing the knocking on other peoples Monarchs?

jakehinton
    Free Member

Anyone know if TF will lend replacement shocks?

jakehinton
    Free Member

TF tuned are lifesavers! Sent shock off yesterday,just got a call saying its sorted and will be back tomorrow. Great service!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Awaits a STW copycat thread – bloody knocking shops

peaslaker
    Free Member

I’ve had an rc3 monarch plus debonair do the knocking thing. It does it on the lightest compression setting but not on mid or high.

One of these days I’ll put that rebuild kit to use and see what’s going on. Probably end up the same or worse.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Mis read the title…

Is disappointed 🙁

jakehinton
    Free Member

Apparently the knocking on my (older) monarch rt3 shock isnt actually a problem more of a slight design fault, TF said they can make it quieter or possibly eliminate it but apparet from the annoying noise its not actually an issue.

bigjim

Did it ever actually affect the monarchs? Mine always actually functioned fine the noise was just annoying!

There’s a definite feeling of reduced resistance around the knock point on mine, for a few mm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bloody knocking shocks!’ is closed to new replies.