• This topic has 57 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bones.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Blood in urine
  • Harry_the_Spider

Just had a medical at work and they found some. Was advised to make a doctors appointment.

Imminent rubber gloving?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had this once.

Had several “rubber glovings” and also a camera down the todger (with a claw on the end!)

It wasn’t exactly a pleasant experience, but not as bad as it sounds. Mine turned out to be due to a urinary tract infection.

niksnr
    Free Member

If you haven’t been eating beetroot in last 24 hrs definitely book that appointment. I’m sure just precautionary, but better to be safe than sorry

jools182
    Free Member

I’ve also had the pleasure of a camera down the pecker

brant
    Free Member

F*cking hell McHugh :/

boblo
    Free Member

They usually take this quite seriously. GP for you my boy.

Pauly

I had this after an innocuous off on the MTB. Turned out to be a lacerated kidney so a week in intensive care!

Pee was the colour of ribena though…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Imminent rubber gloving?

Better than an imminent degloving.

Anyway, plenty of fairly benign reasons one can get blood in the urine. UTI, kidney stones, physical injury etc.

Just try not to google symptoms, as you’ll convince yourself you have ebola of the penis.

hora
    Free Member

Any naughty dalliances? Hope its just an infection.

Beetroot does 😯 surprise you first time doesn’t it?

Harry_the_Spider

Appointment booked. I shall wear my best Spiderman undies.

DrP

Don’t worry too much about the undies.
    But it’s nice to be clean ‘down there’ and ’round there’.
    Toilet paper comes in handy for this.
    ’nuff said.

DrP

footflaps

Beetroot does surprise you first time doesn’t it?

Only for those who can’t break down the colour, has no affect on my urine colour. You’re missing a gene or an enzyme of something if it makes your wee go red.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Don’t worry too much about the undies.
    But it’s nice to be clean ‘down there’ and ’round there’.
    Toilet paper comes in handy for this.
    ’nuff said.

DrP

As someone who recently had the careful caress of a doctors digit, I would recommend using a moist towelette beforehand.

Also, go commando and wear tracky bottoms. Makes the whole process much swifter.

….just don’t go too far ahead and pre-lube yourself.

iainc

Aye, it all sounds worse than it actually is, examination wise. I had a lot of probing last autumn, incl prostate biopsy, which was uncomfy rather than sore – pissed and shot blood good style after that though !

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hang one of these from it for some retro refresh.

Harry_the_Spider

Awesome.

I was just wondering if the “poke in the eye” was the default option or whether there would be blood tests first?

I’m getting over an absolute minger of a cold that left me feeling like I had been punched in the kidneys. Don’t know if this could have some effect.

I do eat quite a lot of beetroot, but the test involved dipping a strip in a sample so it wasn’t based on the colour.

Also I’m running on Lemsip, so there is quite a lot of paracetamol in my system.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So they found blood, but it wasn’t visible?

If so, I would diagnose you have haunted testicles, and they detected ghost blood.

…or some actual medical reason.

Harry_the_Spider

yes

footflaps

Last time I had blood in my urine (it also stank of rotting flesh), I had Prostititis and a humongous kidney infection (lost 10% of them to scaring). Nasty little bugger called Klebsiella pneumoniae.

rondo101
    Free Member

Expect xrays & ultrasounds to check for stones, questions about whether you partake of rough sports (rugby, fighting) that might cause mild kidney damage before they opt for the poke in the eye.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Having had my fair share of urinary problems kidney infection, stones twice and prostatitis once I’ve seen plenty of Ribena in blood.
    If you can see it Macroscopic Haematuria (visible) it’s usually urine test at Gp (dipstick test) to check for a uti then if its a uti a course of antibiotics if it shows no uti a blood test and a emergency referral to a Consultant Urologist within a week.

Then most likely a flexible cystoscopy and a CT Urogram (ct scan with contrast dye) it used to be X Ray with dye. Then once you have a diagnosis treatment for whatever is causing it.

My haematuria was kidney stones but I had horrendous pain in my left kidney so my diagnosis was easy. First time they shoved a camera in my back and removed the stone. Most recently (December) they shoved a camera down my sensitive rod and pulled it out. Was knocked out for both.

However a flexible cystoscopy is done while awake. It stings and its a bit embarrassing lying in your own Piss but it doesn’t hurt.

derek_starship
    Free Member

bwfc – that’s one of the most romantic and beautiful tales I’ve ever heard.

Thank you.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Unfortunately you get told exactly how it is no pussy footing around. Haematuria is taken very seriously. So expect lots of prodding and things being inserted into places that make you cringe.

footflaps

So expect lots of prodding and things being inserted into places that make you cringe.

Sounds like just another day at Prep School 😉

hora
    Free Member

Probably not the most appropriate but this reminded me of having something long shoved down my japsy for a GU test/check. I can remember thinking ‘no more lose women for me’ as it dawned on me where that was going….’

martinhutch

You lost a woman down there? 😯

stumpy01

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Awesome.

I was just wondering if the “poke in the eye” was the default option or whether there would be blood tests first?

I’m getting over an absolute minger of a cold that left me feeling like I had been punched in the kidneys. Don’t know if this could have some effect.

My Father-in-Law went to the docs not long after Christmas because of blood in his wee. He’d had a really bad cold that had taken ages to shake off. I think he was really worried it was serious, but turned out to be just an infection. Couple of weeks of antibiotics and it was all fine.

Not been riding lots on an unsympathetic saddle, have you?

jambalaya
    Free Member

😯 😯 😯 for some of these posts…

As above it can just be an infection, you are getting it checked out so don’t worry too much. I have had the pleasure of numerous prostate checks as part of annual medical for the past 10 years, much better than having the big C and not knowing about it.

scaled
    Free Member

questions about whether you partake of rough sports (rugby, fighting) that might cause mild kidney damage before they opt for the poke in the eye.

Had any ‘where’s my bike, that’s not your bike…’ moments lately, Harry??? 😀

Cougar

Not been riding lots on an unsympathetic saddle, have you?

nickc

I did a wee at work that looked basically like blood, however it was ‘just’ an infection. Same as you, really bad cold beforehand.

You’ve probably got cat aids though

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had it done recently for much the same thing. Camera down the pecker. It’s not too bad. Just stings a bit. Will be a bit sore when you pee for most the rest of the day. Doesn’t stop you riding a bike 🙂

Doctor I had also gave me the finger up the bum. He said he might as well do it while he was down there.

cloudnine
    Free Member

This is one of those threads you wish that you’d never opened.. It’s put me right off my vimto

dudeofdoom

someone wasn’t watching holby City yesterday then 🙂

don’t worry about it though…..

bearnecessities

I do eat quite a lot of beetroot

Ah good, so my homegrown offerings didn’t go to waste? 🙂

stox
    Free Member

However a flexible cystoscopy is done while awake. It stings and its a bit embarrassing lying in your own Piss but it doesn’t hurt.

Stung like ****afterwards tho :-/

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yeah it feels like passing razor blades for 24 hours after.

WildHunter2009

Had this after a big off the bike and me braking my slamming my crotch into a tree. I do not recommend this approach. I obviously assumed i was doomed but the doc just said i had smashed a load of blood vessels and i should be more careful.

Xylene
    Free Member

My kindeys are now aching.

I discovered recently that the mixed berry juice that I like from the fresh juice section makes my poo look like it has lots of blood in it.

First time it happened, I looked in the toilet as I stood to flush, and had that sicky feeling, of oh shit, what on earth has happened. How have I perforated my bowels having a poo.

Being manly, I waited until the next poo, and it was gone, then spotted the link later with the red berry juice.

rOcKeTdOg

was just wondering if the “poke in the eye” was the default option or whether there would be blood tests first?

I wouldn’t worry too much at your age haematuria is fairy common, GP will go no where near your knob but will take some piss & send it for cytological testing. BTW this must have happened to your work medical sample, what happened to those results?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Blood in urine’ is closed to new replies.