Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bloggers and filmers
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Do many bloggers use video? Do those of you with gopros use them much beyond filming you riding? (which I don’t think I’ll do).

I fancy a white gopro at staff price but don’t want to see it gathering dust. I like Coastkid’s work but not sure I’d want to take huge amounts of time on rides…

jam-bo

Sold mine now but actually used it mostly for stills rather than video.

10s time lapse. Find somewhere to mount it and see what happens.

scotroutes

I bought a GoPro ages ago, tried it on a few rides, and decided the picture quality was, basically, crap.

I managed to snap up one of the Argos AS30s a few months back and have tried using that a bit more often. I’ve come to the conclusion that it really needs a bit more effort than I’m currently giving it as I’m not really into stopping and starting, setting it up etc. Short videos when stationary can just as easily be shot from my phone or compact camera. However, I do have a couple of (long-delayed) projects that might see the AS30 being used more productively.

Edit: you could have my old GoPro for the price of postage if you just wanted to play around with it for a while. You’d need to get a mount or two though).

geoffj

i did the same as Druidh. Bought a GoPro for around £250, didn’t use it then sold it a year later.
    I’ve just bought a £35 sj4000 and done much more with that than I ever did with the gopro. For £35 I’m slso not bothered if it gathers dust for months on end.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting…crap picture quality…really? I might be up for a loan druid.

Geoffj I am taking it it was just timing that made you use the SJ4000 more than the gopro i.e. nothing wrong with the gopro itself.

Last ride I did I stopped to take lots of pics (blog to do!) and am wondering if a quick-starting camera in a food-bag by my stem might see more use….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an eos-m to fit in the back pack. Small light and takes my Canon lenses. Stills and video and fast.

geoffj

Geoffj I am taking it it was just timing that made you use the SJ4000 more than the gopro i.e. nothing wrong with the gopro itself.

Possibly, also the lower cost of the sj4000 means that I’m less worried about breaking it and so it gets used in situations where I wouldn’t risk the gopro (no real logic to that I know). Having two kids at an age where they are able to do stuff to film also means I’m more likely to use it.

A rugged compact in a top tube bag might be better if you’re more into stills though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bloggers and filmers’ is closed to new replies.