Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • blink 182
  • geologist
    Free Member

Feeling this – watched the vid for this on kerrang earlier, forgot what a great band they were/are.

tomhoward

This. Went to see them in June last year. Lot of reminiscing of distant (now) awesome memories.

missnotax
    Free Member

I went to see them last year – very good.

Was also quite funny as all the kids were at the front giving it large and all the more *mature* peeps were huddled at the back trying not to get squashed by said kids 😆

tazzymtb

great little pop band

joepose
    Free Member

Fab – prefer Greenday myself thou 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

prefer The Clash myself 😉 Complete Control on right now

RealMan
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAYmMjLdY[/video]

Great song.

tazzymtb

Greenday

also fantastic pop…not quite as hard or heavy as S-club but they try bless ’em 😀

meehaja
    Free Member

did you check out box car racer at the time? Blink side project, very good imo

Tom-B
    Free Member

Loved Blink when I was 15/16 they wrote some very catchy songs. I was watching some vids of them on yootoob last week-I’d forgotten just how bad Tom Delonge is on guitar…and he’s not much of a singer either!

Ace band though! Still very easy to listen to and enjoy!

geologist
    Free Member

Yeah its amazing how 2 slightly crappy singers and guitar players can be so good, ( not being sarcastic btw ) and can create an amazing band. The drummer is superb though 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

now I’m watching old videos on youtube and realising how old and dated they look. baggy shorts, skate shoes, facial piercings and dyed spikey hair.

playlist so far,

Blink 182 Dammit,
    Ataris, San dimas high school football rules,
    New found glory, hit or miss
    Sum 41, Fat lip.
    Anything by Less than jake

Hmm. good times, no regrets etc.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ooh Fat Lip….tune!!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh, the irony…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

demographic music at its time, nu-metal/punk is a bit popular so sign as many of the bands you can – but there was plenty catchy tunes 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMX2lPum_pg[/video]

CountZero

Never got Green Day, Blink 182, etc. but then by that point I’d already seen the Clash, Stranglers, Girl’s School, Motörhead, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, etc., so Papa Roach and Deftones were more my thing.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Inspired.

Pop-Punk YouTube Sunday Morning it is!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNotaBtMORM[/video]

meehaja
    Free Member

Ooh fenix tx! I need to make an epic play list!

alkaline trio, rival schools, no use for a name & midtown..

_tom_
    Free Member

Blink are one of my favourite bands, love them. I saw them live last year and it was one of the best gigs I’ve been to.. Tom’s guitar playing on the albums is actually pretty good imo, interesting little guitar bits. Just can’t seem to do it live haha. This is probably my favourite

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwhq-zyaT4U[/video]

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d be amazed if he played it on the albums….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Save the world lose the girl by midtown now on my playlist

njee20
    Free Member

Save the World Lose the Girl was a good album!

I recently revisited several album from my teenage years and was impressed by how much I enjoyed them – Infest, Hybrid Theory, Enema of the State, All Killer no Filler were all really good! What’s my Age Again is still a brilliant song IMO, and I’ve never got bored of Green Day, although I think they went downhill after American Idiot (even that was a bit meh in places).

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Saw them a couple of times in Adelaide, mid 90s. Once supporting Pennywise but also in a small place called The Tivoli for their Wasting Time tour. One lad climbed their speaker stack and jumped, Hoppus pushing around security who were man handling punters. They were great. Watched them on the telly at Reading (?) and was disappointed. Too gloomy.I know you cannot stay nineteen forever but liked them as a fun band talking about Ben Wah Balls and the like. Still listen to Cheshire Cat every now and then.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I recently revisited several album from my teenage years and was impressed by how much I enjoyed them – Infest, Hybrid Theory, Enema of the State, All Killer no Filler were all really good! What’s my Age Again is still a brilliant song IMO, and I’ve never got bored of Green Day, although I think they went downhill after American Idiot (even that was a bit meh in places).

likewise Njee – how ever – greendays american idiot album was fooking awful .

kayak23

Never really liked Blink 182, but then I’ve never really been a 13 year old girl with a penchant for bland, vacuous, generic, homogenous, unimaginative guitar pop…. 😀
    Oops, did I say that out loud?…
    😉

njee20
    Free Member

The singles on American Idiot were good – Boulevard of Broken Dreams etc, but it doesn’t work for me ‘as a whole’, which was the whole point! Nothing on Warning/Nimrod/Dookie etc

Lifer
    Free Member

If seeing an act where a guitarist can’t play what he does on the record is one of your best gigs, you need to go to more gigs.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t actually remember him being bad when I went to see them, the whole band sounded geat, but hes not great in live videos ive seen. I do need to go to more gigs though.

andeh

Never really liked Blink 182, but then I’ve never really been a 13 year old girl with a penchant for bland, vacuous, generic, homogenous, unimaginative guitar pop…. Oops, did I say that out loud?…

Oh you! 😉

I had a Blink renaissance after they released their last album which, I though, was pretty good! Walking the line between the early stuff and more mature later bits. The album “Blink 182” should have been.

I reckon the key to their success is Travis, the guy is an animal! I know he only joined after Dude Ranch, but he definitely adds something a lot of these bands lack.

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

I like them. Seen them in the late nineties and a couple of times last year. Also watched Delonge’s other band Angels and Airwaves twice last year, very underrated.

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Double post

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘blink 182’ is closed to new replies.