Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Blind Bearing Pulling tool
  • kimbers

Im too old to spend ages whacking myself off with a hammer to squeeze out a few bearings

those cheap blind bearing pulling kits on ebay, will they work for my main pivot bearings or do i need to stump up the cash for a superstar one?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-5PC-Inner-Bearing-Puller-Set-Kit-Remover-Blind-Internal-Slide-Hammer-72777-/191542343859?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c98d038b3

cheers

sam_underhill

I bought a cheap one on ebay a bit like that. Worked a treat. Ultimately it’s an expanding wedge with a slide hammer. Hardly a precision tool.

40mpg

I borrowed exactly that one from a mate to replace some hope hub bearings. I then had to buy him a new one 😳

You need to use a smaller puller than you (read I) might think, so the expandy bit inside screws right down to the end of the puller. Otherwise, when you try to tighten it enough to get a grip, it snaps off some of the wedge bits.

Still, I’ve got most of a bearing puller kit of my own now 😀

stuker
    Free Member

cheap ebay one worked fine for SC pivot bearings here.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I invested in the dearer automotive set…..to use on mtb and car….worked a treat on some badly abused seized in Kona Coiler main bearings. Never used it on wheel bearings just use my trusty fast pin drift and hammer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Blind Bearing Pulling tool’ is closed to new replies.