Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Blimey, and I thought an XTR chainset was expensive
  • seven
    Free Member

Zipp Chainset

You could get a car for that 🙂

neil_1979
    Free Member

9 seconds faster over 40km, how did they get that figure, surely way too many variables even if using the same rider and bike in a velodrome!

davefarmer
    Free Member

the point is that, if all other variables are the same, then changing to this chainset you will be 9 seconds faster.

psychle
    Free Member

niiiice…. 9 seconds is a fair amount of distance over 40km, around a 110m in fact if you average 45km/hr…

cynic-al
    Free Member

*sellotapes paper plate to chainset*

stufield
    Free Member

Piffle you can spend £3825 if you really want fancy cranks

Rip
    Free Member

Damn. Just checked Wiggle and their out of stock.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

*sellotapes paper plate to chainset*

*Copies cynic’al’s idea; sprays whole thing black. Is suddenly 9 seconds faster*

Dibbs
    Free Member

I bought one of these and took the inner and outer rings off to run it as a SS 😳

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

9 seconds faster over 40km compared to the next fastest TT crankset. Supplied without a Bottom Bracket.

That’s about the same as taking 12 spokes out of your front wheel (which we do not recommend).

so removing a spoke is good for 0.75 seconds over 40km ?? How much for shaving all your hair off ?

This reminds of the puff for carbon fibre speaker cables – never mind ‘why’, it’s carbon FFS!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I bought one of these and took the inner and outer rings off to run it as a SS

FYI it’s a 2 ring setup…

james
    Free Member

860g! at £1100 for two rings
    £150-209 for XT doesn’t seem so bad against that

Dibbs
    Free Member

Doesn’t look much like a two ring setup to me, but I’ll accept your apology 😛

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

how much time is saved by having a lighter bike?

just wondering, if you could save half a lb of weight off that (easily done), how hily would the course need to be to pull level (in an ideal world).

firestarter
    Free Member

ive one of those on the sus dibbs and its suprisingly took some right bashes looks **** now tho lol stainburn rocks saw to that 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

ive one of those on the sus

Do you have the BB30 version? if so how are the bearings lasting? I’ve only done a couple of hundred miles on mine so far so its too early for me to tell.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Doesn’t look much like a two ring setup to me

uh, following the link above took me to:

so I apologise for looking at something completely different…

[edit] oh, I see, you had linked to something else 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

ah no mr.dibbs its the standard bb version im afraid. and as it happens thats shot lol im awaiting delivery of a new bb as i type 😉

sq225917
    Free Member

What use is that crank?

” 9 seconds faster over 40km compared to the next fastest TT crankset Supplied without a Bottom Bracket.”

I’d expect it to be a damn site more than 9 seconds faster than a crank supplied without a BB, how hard to turn would that be?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“sq225917

taking pedantism to a whole new level sinnce 2009. “

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

so removing a spoke is good for 0.75 seconds over 40km ?? How much for shaving all your hair off ?

Well, if it was you, ChimpBoyBarnes, it’d be a fair few seconds, I’d wager! 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! Several minutes, more like!

(Heats up wax…)

AlasdairMc

thisisnotaspoon – Member

“sq225917

taking pedantism to a whole new level sinnce 2009. “

Actually, that’s pedantry 😀

aphex_2k
    Free Member

^^^ Beat me to it.

Travis

Oh… only do a 55 ring, wanted something a little bigger hahahaha (not)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Blimey, and I thought an XTR chainset was expensive’ is closed to new replies.