Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Blimey £1300 for 20 yr old bike!
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ok something is worth what someone else will pay for it but, and this may be my inherent Yorkshire nature coming to the fore, but this seems to be madness:
    £1300 old bike

ontor
    Free Member

You’re paying for the pleasure of having a relatively nice example of the bike you lusted after as a kid, you’re not paying all that for the off-road capabilities. Some people pay that much for a car! crazy fools.

shortcut

Seems fair to me. Klein Attitude – it was a dream bile back in the day and is in quite good nick. Would prefer green, white and pink though!!

charliedontsurf

That is from an era when everything was starting to get exciting in a tech way… It’s a bit like buying a ford mustang or something. It will go up in value over time, and will remind you how things have improved.

I have a 1985 Raleigh USA bike…. Dreadful angles, one piece welded bar and double stem, handles like crap, but is a lot of fun (but cost £70)

convert

If that’s genuinely worth that much I better go dig around in the shed!

mamadirt
    Free Member

You’re paying for the pleasure of having a relatively nice example of the bike you lusted after as a kid, you’re not paying all that for the off-road capabilities.

Spot on Ontor! I’m currently watching (like a hawk) a relatively nice an extremely rough example of the bike I lusted after – it will be mine 😈 . You can’t put a price on lust 😆

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You’re all mad I tell ‘ee, maaad!

haggis1978

have seen Attitude frames easily going for that in the various fade colour schemes that Klein had. GatorFades, Moonrise, Sunburst all fetch good money and if you own an Adroit with the carbon boron seat stays and original rigid fork and stem/handlebar fuselage you’re in the money

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Blimey £1300 for 20 yr old bike!’ is closed to new replies.