Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bleep Test
  • hockropper

A bit disappointed , did a bleep test and only did 8.6 which didn't seem very good, I was hoping to get into double figures, any tips for improving my results

iDave
    Free Member

you are james corden and i claim my £5

hockropper

;0)

Thanks Idave, you have 2nd sight,

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

do some more running. improve cv fitness?

MS
    Free Member

I have seen Smee get 19.1 before in his hay day. Very impressive!

CaptJon
    Free Member

At school we did it – level 6 and i threw up. I hate running.

willard

Managed to do a 11.3 when I was visiting the Rock Apes a long while ago. Topped that in January with an 8.3 followed by a trip to the med center for pain killers (bloody ITB flared up)

I hate the bleep test, but will be setting one up in my ffice if I can get away with it.

stumpy01

My other half has to do one as part of the fitness test for her job. She can get to level 6, but not a lot further.

I tried it with her while she was training. I was still going at 11-something and stopped as I still had a full gym session to do, the other half was getting annoyed that I wasn't keeling over (and secretly I was close to keeling over).

Always been a bit of a runner – just a shame my running base stamina that seems to have remained quite well from my school/uni days doesn't seem to help me ride my bike quickly over any major distance!

EDIT – As for improving your result, you need to improve your base cardio fitness, but also do at least one speed/interval session a week. Even something simple like 5 mins to warm up and then sprint between lamp posts, jog between to recover….3 sets of 5 or 10 depending what you can manage and then 5 mins running to warm down.
    Or an interval session where you mimic the bleep test by ramping up the pace every x seconds with a resting period in between sets.

finbar
    Free Member

It's not the running that gets you so much as the turns. I'd go hard on wind sprints and plyometrics if i wanted to improve bleep test performance.

Keva
    Free Member

got to 14. couldn't run fast enough after that, pain then sets in very quickly and your body screams at you to stop this foolishness.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bleep Test’ is closed to new replies.