Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bleeding Maguras.
  • juiced
    Free Member

Hello

All previous problems resloved now. ( Sticky piston and olive not fitting)

However I have followed maguras instructions for the bleeding and am left wondering if I have applied enough mineral oil. Pumped the lever and the pads move a little. Syringed oil back out of the system with the bleed kit. No air or gaps ( i think ). How can I tell if I have enough oil in the system ( by pad movement?)

thanks

juiced
    Free Member

feel a bit of a numpty now. thanks ever so for the other help so far..

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Syringe oil through more than once to be sure. When you are done there should still be a little oil in the reservoir which you just top up.

juiced
    Free Member

ta. should I be pumping the lever until the pistons grip the plastic spacer?

juiced
    Free Member

all sorted now ( i think ) . couldn't get my head around using the grub screw and syringe. With my shimano's I use the bleed button like an on / off switch. Bit different with a syringe. Found that pumping the brakes with the grub screw located , then once pressure was in the system and the pads were tight, removing the grub screw syringing a little more and then adding the grub screw and topping up worked. Phew. Bit of a pain.

JohnnyPanic

Once you've bled them and overfilled the reservoir and refitted the reservoir cap, put the wheel (or just the disc if you like) back into place, undo the caliper bolts so it's completley free but sitting on the disc and then squeeze a little bit more oil into the caliper until resistance is felt. Then remove the syringe & refit the grub screw. And do your caliper bolts back up.

JohnnyPanic

Does anyone else use the low pressure trick to remove air bubbles from the oil or is someone having a laugh at my expense. It seemed to work quite well.

juiced
    Free Member

cheers jonny just done this, this am and to my surprise it now all works fine, which is nice. However I found when i removed the syringe then the additional fluid just came out again. I then removed the cap on the lever and pumped more fluid into the system with the calipers still loose. Ziptied tied the levers open for 5 minutes and then put back together, refilling the lever res.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding Maguras.’ is closed to new replies.