• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bleeding brakes. Youuuuuu T@@@
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The usual. Cut hose, lose grip, flick Dot5 all over my front.

Set up to bleed, carefully draining fluid into a bottle. Suddenly theres fluid all over the floor. Yes, forgot to block the pistons, one of which has just popped out.

jeff

We’ve all been there…. usually in the kitchen!

Northwind

Next, mash the piston back in as squint as possible to damage the seals

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve all been there…. usually in the kitchen!

Which is why I took the bike out of the workshop onto the paving outside for the bleed.

I like the simplicity of bleeding Hope, that you don’t need a bleed kit or any special tools, and that I always seem to manage to bleed them well enough first time but it’s always messy.

SRAM’s pro bleed kit syringes on Guide brakes is so clean in comparison.

rickmeister

Hope you picked up that piston, covered in sand and roadside detritus for extra T@@ttery points…

IHN

Three magic words;

Bee
    Bee
    Seven

andybrad

or how about
    want
    to
    stop

Bream
    Free Member

Sounds about right 😮

Just be glad you haven’t got Magura MT8s; for the love of christ I can’t bleed the rear setup properly. Well, I can, and it works without problems for about 2 hours and then, usually about half way round a Marathon race, decides to go to the bar 😡 Plus the Magura bleed kit is rubbish.

+1 for the SRAM pro bleed kit 8)

Tiger6791

Pah!

Try replacing Slave cylinder on an LT77 gearbox and then try to bleed the clutch circuit!!! 😈

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Try replacing Slave cylinder on an LT77 gearbox and then try to bleed the clutch circuit!!!

Can’t you just hang it from a nearby branch and flick it to get the bubbles to the top?

😉

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

J

ust be glad you haven’t got Magura MT8

Ha. Have been there – had a set on my Helius for a couple of years. Never got them to feel good -always mushy and when overheated they just lost power. Add to that the massively flexy lever and I was very glad to see the back of them.

hooli

Been there, normally done the night before a big ride too so the bike is just right for the next day!

aP
    Free Member

Maybe you could take the top cap off the forks and turn the bike upside down as well 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding brakes. Youuuuuu T@@@’ is closed to new replies.