Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • bleeding brakes – shim Zee question help
  • makkag
    Free Member

So i brought a epic bleed kit as i thought it was about time i did it myself and yay great result piece of piss after realizing i had to put a bleed block in … butttt lever doesn’t engage as quickly as my other unless you give it two quick pumps then its rock solid and has the biting point i want . i took ages over the bleed but is this just still air in system . if so connect open res and pump again with syringe attached ?

b45her
    Free Member

willing to bet it’s the rear that has lots of lever travel.

legend
    Free Member

unless you give it two quick pumps then its rock solid…… is this just still air in system

yup, give it another bleed

slowrider
    Free Member

Yup, re bleed, rear takes a bit more time and patience. On a set of Deores I did I shaved a bleed block down so the pads sat closer to compensate for the extra travel, seems to be a common issue (though none of my own have it)

Scamper
    Free Member

Had the same problem with my rear zee. Took longer when drawing the oil back down out of the caliper and one huge bubble emerged, and now all is fine. Previously tried moving the pads as suggested but this just messed up the better modulation feel zee’s have over other shimano brakes I’ve tried.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘bleeding brakes – shim Zee question help’ is closed to new replies.