Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • bl##dy weather
  • fastindian
    Free Member

well i’m normally out on or off road saturday and sunday and sure enough was out yesterday, however got up today, looked out and was greeted again by iron grey skys and huge clouds and just thought I cant be bothered I want to ride in some sunshine!!!!

Might go later if it picks up

Am I on my own? and as above i do usually MTFU 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

Took advantage of some clear blue skies yesterday to do a quick hour before the tour started.

Got soaked.

Alex

Sacked off the all-day Sunday ride for a lap of the blue with my daughter. Further mitigation can be provided by a very sore shoulder after arriving at the ground without my bike on a muddy jump last week, and still being traumatised by Mayhem 😉

Still next week looks better. Ah no, sorry I was looking at California’s weather 🙁

bones76
    Free Member

Am up in the lakes and weather meant to get better later today but looking out the window am not so sure! Though why i don’t just Man up and get out is beyond me!! I put it down to Doing a season of Triathlons last year, i think they have made me soft!!!

peteimpreza

I feel the same as you so off to the gym for me.

mtbfix

Too right! I fitted my mud tyres back on yesterday morning after a truly sloppy ride on Friday and this sun and breeze has dried the ground up loads leaving me on the wrong rubber again.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I usually love riding in challenging weather but the washing machine can’t cope with the volume of muddy clothes and I can’t get them dry – looking like widow Twankie’s Laundry in here at the moment.

So, went to hide in the garage,ended up building another bike from the spares and bits – now have lightweight singlespeed for all those hardpacked summer trails. 😯

Drac

Blue skies again here today but not riding as got a family get together in a few hours then off to visit my younger brother in hospital later. If I had time I’d be riding muddy or not.

fandango
    Free Member

I was supposed to be out early this morning, but a rather nice bottle of wine and some good food last night stopped that plan. Awoke to the rain beating on the windows 🙂 Due to brighten up later, so it will be a quick road spin for me. Thankfully I managed a couple of hours yesterday… in the sunshine!

hugor
    Free Member

Radio announced that we’ve had the wettest June in over 100 years!
    Its not just in our heads.

grahamh
    Free Member

Am I on my own?

No far from it, I’m wimping out as well.
    looking at the weeks forcast, its looking like I won’t even be riding to work this week 🙁

faz083
    Free Member

i actually WANT to mow the lawn. It looks so bad and I haven’t been able to mow it for weeks because of the wet.

singletrackmind

Its beautiful and sunny on the sarf coast . Very blue sky and some patchy white high altitude clouds . Windier than forcast so out on a board in an hour or so .
    It did rain hard for 2mins early doors but not enough to soak the ground . Lawn mowers in action up and down the road.

faz083
    Free Member

yes it suddenly got nice! I just mowed the lawn. I feel satisfied now.

Now to ride.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I managed 16 rides in May and 15 in April. Well it a grand total of 7 in June. If it was easy to move to another sunny country I doubt there would be many left.

At least I have 7 weeks holiday starting. Happy days.

pennine
    Free Member

At least you lot have a choice. Following an eye operation I’ve been told no riding until consultant gives the go ahead in a weeks time.

fastindian
    Free Member

well it did clear up here but for some inexplicable reason instead of riding i mowed the lawn and polished the car!!! 🙄

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Cabin fever took over – so went out anyway.
    Rushup edge was a swamp, but the bridleways were empty, free run down Chapel Gate and stopped at the Woodbine for tea and biscuits.

hugor
    Free Member

I drove for an hour to the hills with the promise of acceptable riding weather. Massive rain, drenched and cold 5km into a planned 50km ride. Turned back and drove an hour to get back home.
    Completely shit day. This summer is a ducking joke.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Done a lot of running this ‘summer’.

tomd
    Free Member

I couldn’t be bothered riding off road this weekend after two foul midweek rides and more rain at the weekend. I MTFUed out on the road bike this afternoon as it was only drizzling. Towards the end of the ride this yellow/orange thing appeared in the sky but luckily I was nearly home so I could hide away.

kimbers

i laid some decking out the back yesterday was kinda hot so took the top off to catch some rays

freakin agony today – my back is post box red !

dan314
    Free Member

It was wetter than an otter’s pocket in the Peak District today! https://vimeo.com/45029059

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I feel the same as you so off to the gym for me.

It would have to be raining dog shite for me to go to the gym instead of biking, get a grip man!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Had some tremendous weather on the dh at fort William today, was cloudy at the top, but once below about 1500 feet, was cracking. Move to Scotland, the weather is lush here. 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@dan134 was that morning? We started in drizzle but the sun broke through on Rushup Edge:

Looking over towards Chapel

Coming down Chapel Gate in glorious sunshine:

dan314
    Free Member

@rogerthecat We set off around 12 and it rained pretty much the whole ride. Of course the Sun did come out just as we were loading the bikes back into the car! Should’ve had a lie in and ridden later in the day by the looks of things.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘bl##dy weather’ is closed to new replies.