Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Bl**dy cyclists!
  • mmb
    Free Member

in april this year some muppet decided to turn left without indicating,normally not a problem but he was coming from behind so i couldnt see him, took me off my orange p7,i went over the car, the bike went under,witnesses present, his insurance paid up now i have a santa cruz chameleon, i'm a big fella wieghing in at 19st so pretty easy to spot if you looking where you are going, his excuse was "i did'nt see you".it was 4 in the afternoon on a sunny day!.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i've never done it, but i met a guy working with a friend in a bar. he had bandages all over his forearms, so i asked him why. he had been riding his roadbike at high speed on a sunny day, and looked down to check a missed gear change, not noticing a car parked up ahead in the shade. went into the back of it and through the back window… ****ing ouch – loads of damage and subsequent stitches.

duckman

Brand new planet x superlight in the very fetching pixie blue of a couple of years ago, car pulled out from being parked and I caught it a beauty, managed to scratch two panels, break the light cluster,oh and my new frame 😮 took all the skin off both my hands, still, got a new bike which fitted me better. I still tuck my head into my shoulders cycling along the same road.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Similar to AndyP for me, hit the back of a stationary vehicle (was young, flying along at full tilt with no hands and suddenly developed the sneezes) – hit the car, went right over the car leavign a trail of blood starting with the impact on the back window and landed on the road. Owner popped out and apologised for parking there (perfectly legal parking).

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Bl**dy cyclists!’ is closed to new replies.