Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Blatant plug – motorhome parking near the finish for Le Tour, Harrogate
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Someone I know works at the school and asked me to spread the message…

http://www.harrogategrammar.co.uk/school/services/tour-de-france/

(The school is probably 10 minutes max. walk from the finish line on The Stray).

darrenspink
    Free Member

“Please book quickly as we anticipate a sell-out event!”

I wonder how many places such as this and campsites along the route will ‘actually sell’ out at 100/200 a pop? Does anyone know a person with a field who is fully booked or indeed anywhere near the level they were anticipating?

johndoh
    Free Member

No idea, but this is in the town centre and a hard-standing so it is infinitely better than a (potentially) muddy farmer’s field and then finding it difficult getting into town because of the road closures….

rusty90
    Free Member

I heard there was unlimited free parking for motorhomes and camper vans at Petty Whin Close in Harrogate.

johndoh
    Free Member

8)

dawson

@rusty90

Liking your work!

somebody could tell a search engine that motorhomes and camper vans were welcome in Petty Whin Close, Harrogate for the Le Tour?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Does anyone know a person with a field who is fully booked or indeed anywhere near the level they were anticipating?

Yes Petty Whin Close, Harrogate …they may get more than anticipated though

rusty90
    Free Member

Just seen this recommendation on a French forum – Voitures de campeur bienvenue à Petty Whin Close, Harrogate, pour Le Tour.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Does anyone know a person with a field who is fully booked or indeed anywhere near the level they were anticipating?

We’ve got a field setout for camping off the Farm, however we are at the top of the hill near Harlow Carr..
    We advertised 100 spaces and have got 78 booked so far, loos and shower cubicles, leccie hookups and stuff. First time into this kinda thing and think it’ll be the last, it’s been a PITA to organise but easy to advertise and get responces.

All in all I’d say the effort is only just about worth it… 😕

darrenspink
    Free Member

Aye well, can’t see tne tour coming back to Yorkshire anytime soon.

ElShalimo

Voitures de campeur bienvenue à Petty Whin Close, Harrogate, pour Le Tour.

Ah merci!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Blatant plug – motorhome parking near the finish for Le Tour, Harrogate’ is closed to new replies.