Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Blatant example of rip-off bike gear prices?
  • grumm
    Free Member
    trailmonkey

£1.20 ?

ziggy
    Free Member

Well seeing as the RRP is £5.99 they are doing well. Muc Off is sold there for £8.99 so they can ‘reduce’ to normal RRP in a sale, all perfectly legal as long as it has been sold at that price for 6 weeks IIRC.

Common practice with all large retailers, to add percieved value.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the bike one is £13.98 for 1200ml which equates to £1.165 per 100ml, whereas the motorbike one works out at £1.447 per litre. Ergo MTB disc brake cleaner is currently cheaper from Halfords.

EPIC FAIL!

markd
    Free Member

a mathematician as well as a hottie? :swoons to the max:

racing_ralph
    Free Member

woop i have a new lover 8) 😆

ziggy
    Free Member

Yeah but only if you pay for 2, the OP was talking about singles 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not “simples”

grumm
    Free Member

the bike one is £13.98 for 1200ml which equates to £1.165 per 100ml, whereas the motorbike one works out at £1.447 per litre. Ergo MTB disc brake cleaner is currently cheaper from Halfords.

EPIC FAIL!

There was no 3 for 2 on the bike ones in my local Halfords, and I was talking about a 400ml can not three of them.

Obviously £1.20 is not a huge amount of money but its a fairly hefty percentage of the total cost. If the extra mark up on bike accessories is similar on more expensive stuff…

Ziggy I don’t think they even have to sell it for 6 weeks at the original price, just ‘a reasonable amount of time’, whatever they decide that is.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Grumm – quit while you are behind. You aren’t a pseudonym “tom (taka)” are you?

lollerskates

grumm
    Free Member

Huh? Are you trying to be a cock or does it just come naturally to you? 😐

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Comes naturally to me cheers, always has done. 8)
    Trouble is i am near to Manchester and as united are on TV it is of no interest to me and i am overtired and bored!!!

grumm
    Free Member

Ah you’re one of them – explains a lot. 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What a northern lad with no interest in the red devils – sure am!! Hate dirty Leeds too, and Liverpool, don’t get me started!!

franksinatra

How about this for a rip off?

£9.99 for eight tablets at Wiggle

£1.32 for 64 tablets from Boots

grumm
    Free Member

Yup that’s a pretty impressive rip-off!

mattsccm
    Free Member

No such thing as a rip off. you know the price before you buy, you make your choice. good luck to them

grumm
    Free Member

No such thing as a rip off. you know the price before you buy, you make your choice. good luck to them

OK, but why is it that an identical product costs 20% more with a picture of a bike on it rather than a motorbike?

seven
    Free Member

economies of scale, i would guess

just use the motorbike one

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Blatant example of rip-off bike gear prices?’ is closed to new replies.