Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Blair – Chilcot inquiry
  • tails
    Free Member

Can people update how the slimy rat is doing as I'll be at work.

CHB

Hope the lying git squirms. And then a court case in 2011. Sending our boys to die on the back of a lie should carry a hefty penalty.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I imagine his telflon will be as slippery as normal.

allthepies
    Free Member

Don't expect repentance and apologies 😉

hainey
    Free Member

Don't expect anything.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

The Times has been doing written updates live on their web pages this week.

tails
    Free Member

Its a very sad state when someone is above the law, with any luck someone will give him or his family some tough justice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'd like to know why we need a **** helicopter hovering overhead at the moment?

Tails, that sort of justice is not justice.

mtbfix

He has given the same story every time for 7 years and any hopes of him breaking under the 'pressure' of this inquiry are pure fantasy. So far as being 'above the law' is concerned, parliament voted and the war was waged. Blair is a barrister and his wife a QC and you can bet that any potential risk of doing anything actually illegal will have been avoided or worked around.

Today is just something for the papers to write about and yet more public money up in smoke as the inquiry grinds to the inevitable conclusion that a majority of the populace do not like the war but there is nothing we can do about it.

cranberry
    Free Member

mtbfix has it right. There will be no change from the previous appearances – all we will get today is the same B.Liar being as slippery as a greased lawyer.

tails
    Free Member

Tails, that sort of justice is not justice.

better than nothing in my opinion, and a great stress reliever.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tails, I can assure you that I would happily pin Blair down while Ernie and others kicked him. Perhaps we could all take turns? However, the real justice should be legal. Blair lied. That needs to be addressed.

On the actual Inquiry today, he looks a little sweaty to me….

tails
    Free Member

On the actual Inquiry today, he looks a little sweaty to me…

Good hope he sweats through his blazer.

mt
    Free Member

you have to hand it to the filthy rich war criminal that is Blair. He is good at what he does. Lies!

iDave
    Free Member

he didn't say what we think he said and it meant something other than what we think it meant, and W told him to

tails
    Free Member

you have to hand it to the filthy rich war criminal that is Blair. He is good at what he does. Lies!

very f**king annoying there must be around 1% of MPs who don't lie, why they feel the need 🙄 I don't think I'll bother voting at the election its as its like choosing between losing your arm or your leg.

rootes1

well cycled past the QE II conference centre this morning, lots of dibble, press, some protesters and the dibble in the sky buzzing away..

dibble in the skyis still buzzing around now – can see it from my office window

grumm
    Free Member

Nice to see him and Chilcot can have a bit of a laugh and joke about the illegal war that killed thousands of people. Only watched a little bit and had to turn it off because it made me so angry.

😡

uplink
    Free Member

with any luck someone will give him or his family some tough justice.

nice 🙄

So what exactly would you like to see happen to his family?

br
    Free Member

I don't see the issue, he was Prime Minister and our system gives him the power to go to war – with Parliments support – he got that.

History will show his (and their) folly, a bit like Suez, but pretty pointless to have a 'sop' enquiry.

Doesn't mean I agreed then, or now, with the decision – but many things happen and are decided that I disagree with – that's life.

hainey
    Free Member

with any luck someone will give him or his family some tough justice.

nice

My thoughts exactly, idiot.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Sounds to me at times he is sticking his foot in it with his testimony, but in his self belief does not really see it.

"I was never short of people who challenged me,” Mr Blair says"

“It wasn’t that objectively he [Saddam] had done more. It was that our perception of the risk had shifted.”

“If September 11 hadn’t happened our assessment of him . . . would not have been the same. . . After Sept 11 our view changed and changed dramatically.” But, Sir Roderic says, Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 "in any shape or form".

Try either or both of these for live reports.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article7007039.ece

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/foreign-policy/blair-s-iraq-inquiry-appearance-as-it-happens-$1356499.htm

Been interesting so far. Just as well, as I am lying in bed with a rubbish cold and a netbook.

tails
    Free Member

Smack in face would do!

tails
    Free Member

Televised of course.

uplink
    Free Member

Smack in face would do!

anyone related to him or just the immediate family?

kimbers

have u seen his missus looks like shes permanantly been smacked in the face!

tails
    Free Member

anyone related to him or just the immediate family?

Kimbers has hit the nail on the head. Essentially he'll get off and be told he is great and won't even have to muster an apology. Now a smack in the face smarts a bit and I would enjoy watching it. A bit like the what Muntadar al-Zaidi did, but more effective.

Edukator
    Free Member

What do you hope to hear? A full confession and grovelling? He lied, he has lied, he lies and he will lie. He has also got enough leverage on many of the witnesses to be sure that they will lie with him.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don;'t really get "mob rule" justice myself, but then I'm a bleeding heart liberal, I don't even believe in the death penalty.

Stevie
    Free Member

nice

The same thing that happened to 100's of 1000's of Iraqi civilians and their families because of Blair and his ego?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

My word hes squirming on TV right now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apparently the "45 minute" thing only became important AFTER the fact, and "beyond doubt" is as emphatic as "clear". Hmmm.

scuttler

When did he start saying newkiller (nuclear)? I know he got it from the big kid in the playground but I'm sure he didn't always say that. Retard.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

In beautiful, beautiful hindsight you can see now why they were happy to go to parliament before going to war, in what was at the time an exceptional move which abandoned the royal prerogative!

It was remarkable event for a sitting government to allow parliament a vote prior to hostilities!

Clearly, if Blair and the cabinet had gone to war on the prerogative, then their own names would be the ones called at the Hague – but they successfully disinfected themselves, they didn't send us to war, Parliament did!

mtbfix

Can we have a picture of Kimber's other half please so we can be rude about their appearance?

kimbers

i really cant remember any dissenting voices in parliament t at the time apart from robin cook and the lib dems

the torries were jumping at the chance to show their willingness to kick some arab butt after 9/11 and the british media , sun etc were all over it too

parliament as a whole voted for the war maybe the evidence they had been given was questionable with hindsight but surely if you are voting for war then you should investigate things yourself as best you can,

rather than looking for a bogey man to blame and beat up after the west realised a lot of people in the arab world wanted to kill us

kimbers

fire away!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think you're all missing the most important salient fact here.
    God sits at Tony's side
    Now quit all your carping or you won't get into heaven.

Edukator
    Free Member

Have they called Jacques Chirac as a witness?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brown shoes? What were you thinking! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Blair – Chilcot inquiry’ is closed to new replies.