Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Blair Atholl
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Heading to Blair Atholl camping this weekend and got clearance for take off to take my bike with me. I know The Bike Chain lads had an epic ride up there a few months back. Any pointers for a smaller 2 hour route in that area?.

Many Thanks In advance..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

There is loads or riding up there. Ask the guys at Escape Route in Pitlochry. You cant go on holiday without visiting a bike shop. Its the law.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is the classic Bein a ghlo circuit – but thats rather more than a couple of hours. Up and down glen tilt itself is nice and can be done in a couple of hours.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice McMoonter and Tj will have a wee scout about when Im up there.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Out to Bruar Lodge from Old Blair, back down Glen Bruar, cross the river SE of Cuilltemhuc then back thro Glen Banvie woodland (take the ST running W/E) or down thro Falls of Bruar ( picturesque but watch for coach loads of old grannies wobbling up from House of Bruar) and chain gang along Sustrans route back to B A. Doable in both directions / probable wet feet at river crossing if its been raining much

stanfree
    Free Member

Just back from a great weekend camping in Blair Atholl (surely the best campsite in Scotland). Nipped into Escape Route which seems like a great bike shop and got a couple of local maps. Anyways plumped for the following route .

Blair Atholl > Killievrankie(under A9) > through Forest and loop to the top > Lovely Singletrack to Pitlochry GC > Moulin > Massive climb to Bealach na Searmain > Great descent to Killiekrankie > Road to Blair Atholl.

I'd Imagine that this Is a fairly common route but would have to say the descent to Killiekrankie has to be one of the best Ive done in a while despite getting covered in Sheep cack. Was kinda gutted I couldn't do more but hoping to venture back up next month. Here's a few pics.

Only slight downside to the route would be some of the gates heading up the hill are very tricky to get your bike through and my bike is on the heavy side.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Great! Those are a couple of classic routes. You'll be back 8)

coastkid
    Free Member

glad you had a good break and got in some biking!, paul we can go up for a day anytime, not too long a drive to do in a day,
    i enjoyed the last STW visit 😮

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Blair Atholl’ is closed to new replies.