Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • blackspire techy question
  • grimupnorth
    Free Member

evening all 🙂

looking for a bit of guidance re: blackspire stingers.

I run an e-type, iscg stinger on my bike….teamed up with a double chain ring and bash.

the device it’s self works, and since I’ve fitted it I’ve had no chain drops etc.

my question however is: should the roller on the stinger rotate???

I imagine it should….I’ve lost at least two rollers because if I tighten ’em up to the correct tolerances (ie 12nm, this figure came from blackspire themselves) then the roller won’t budge. This means I slacken em off to such an extent that they work loose when I start hitting the rough stuff.

as a compromise I tighten the roller just enough so I can force it to rotate by hand. I’ve lost no more rollers since doing that but I still cannot the damn thing to rotate with just the chain rolling over it.

anyone shed any light on how you’ve got your own stinger setup? and more importantly can you get the roller to rotate?

cheers in advance lads (and lasses) 🙂

NB just to clarify the stinger roller is just a hair width away from touching my bash guard.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yes it should rotate (although no big deal if it doesn’t). I use a bit of blue loctite and never lost the roller.

russjp
    Free Member

Mine has a small thin washer between the roller and plate that stops the roller getting tightened against the plate. Can crank it up proper tight and it still spins freely

Northwind

Mine rotates erratically. I added a wee extra washer to help the spacing, do it up fairly loose but still use threadlock to make sure it doesn’t fall off

grimupnorth
    Free Member

amazing! 🙂

added the extra washer as mentioned, all now working sweet.

roller tightened and now spinning freely…..yahooo!!!

cyber pint coming your way lads.

cheers 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘blackspire techy question’ is closed to new replies.