Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • blackspire stinger as a ss chain tensioner?
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Would it work? Anyone tried it?

eviljoe
    Free Member

BUMP…..

singlespeedstu

Yep.

Seen one used on a Banshee paradox.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Excellent, should give nicer lines than the deraileur ones

russjp
    Free Member

I thought about using one on my ss, will it not be a nightmare to adjust when you need to slacken the chain remove wheel or make any tension adjustments?

singlespeedstu

Wheel will come out no problem on vertical dropouts and you can get to the iscg bolts to adjust tension when there’s no granny ring in the way.

russjp
    Free Member

Ah, mine was bottom bracket mount not iscg

Burchy1
    Free Member

Nice one Joe, i’d never thought of this. Perfick for if you wanted to quickly change to 1×9 aswell.

eviljoe
    Free Member

I’ll stick up some pics when it’s done, and let you know how effective it is…

martinh
    Free Member

Paradox? Stinger?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

should be easier to get it out? as long as the dropout is vaguely forewards it’ll just drop out?

m_t_b
    Free Member

I had a problem with mine I took a knock to the tensioner when I was clearing some rocks, or not as the case was, it knocked it onto the chainset which meant pedalling was pretty much impossible. I was miles from anywhere up at Nant Y Arian and so had to fudge a fix which took ageees. For BB mount versions I guess this could always be a problem. Mine is not on my bike anymore if anyone is interested in buying one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘blackspire stinger as a ss chain tensioner?’ is closed to new replies.