Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Blackerry torch or iphone 4?
  • Stoogz
    Free Member

O.k phones now buggerd so i have the choice of either of these phones.

Anybody got any reviews?

IA

No contest.

Either you need the blackberry email functionality specifically to talk to a corporate BB system, otherwise get the iPhone.

TiRed

What do you have at the moment?
    Do you have an iTouch?

I have a Torch running corporate BES and love it. I like the option of a real keyboard. This is my third Blackberry and the operating system is a huge improvement over previous versions. For music, mine syncs with iTunes just like any iPod.

That said, if you want Apps, games, etc… get an iPhone – just expect to charge it a lot. Personally, I think that the iTouch is a great device, but the iPhone phone part is not worth the extra.

I still miss by BB Pearl 8800 – charge it once a week, I did!

Drac

iPhone unless you want something that does emails and phonecalls but not much else too well. iPhone will give you the emails, ipod, apps, games and a pretty good GPS all in one device.

Other option worth considering over blackberry is an android, why have 2 devices when one does the job.

timc
    Free Member

I have a Blackberry Bold, its a free work phone, so does the job.

However I often find myself messing on other peoples phones whilst travelling, in the pub etc.

i-Phone 4… needs no introduction really, agree with above, BB arnt all that & the Torch is just weird… touch screen & keyboard just add weight!

My choice without doubt would be a HTC desire! Brilliant bit of kit!

Stoogz
    Free Member

See i wouldnt use the music function on any as i have a 32GB Itouch.

So putting it like that, there goes the app solution aswell. Think it’s gonna Have to be the BB.

Currently i have the samsung 360 H1( Don’t expect many people to know what this is). It was vodafones answer to the iphone and it’s rubbish. theres no apps for it, touch screen works when it wants to and battery…. Don’t even get me started.

godzilla
    Free Member

Im sick of of my Blackberrys and would love an iphone 4…

Shakey
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

iPhone unless you want something that does emails and phonecalls but not much else too well. iPhone will give you the emails, ipod, apps, games and a pretty good GPS all in one device.

Other option worth considering over blackberry is an android, why have 2 devices when one does the job.

The Torch is a massive improvement on the Bold and I use it for everything including GPS. It doesn’t do games that well but it a phone FFS.

You Fanboys should really take another look!!

IanB
    Free Member

I’ve just gone from a HTC with a keyboard to an iPhone. The latter is so slick at everything, haven’t missed the keyboad bit yet and it does much much more besides.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Communication device – Blackberry
    Toy to show off your apps in the pub – iPhone

🙂

I’ve just got a Torch as my new work phone and am very impressed with it so far. Use a Curve as my personal Crackberry, also pleased. Then again, I don’t use my phone as a GPS, gameboy, silly sound generator, amusing image creator, etc, etc, etc. So, what do you want? Communication or a plaything?

mulacs

iPhone. No contest!
    Get the BB and you’ll constantly be wondering what you’re missing out on.
    If you like your iTouch then the iPhone surely is a no-brainer?

Drac

That’s just it though I really don’t use mine much as fun compared to many other things I use it for.

Smart phone multi device = iPhone or Android
    Office dweeb = Blackberry

therider
    Free Member

just got rid of my i phone after trying a mates torch and ordered the torch for me, the i phones are good but a lot of usless things on them, the torch just works

bruneep

Blackberry = tether no extra cost

CountZero

iPhones only have lots of useless things on if they are put on. It comes with a basic suite of applications like any computer, it’s entirely up to the owner what else goes on. The sort of clot who has beer glass and fart apps is going to be a loud boorish showoff in the pub regardless of what phone he has. Mine gets used in the pub to show photographs on, or clarify where someplace is on a map. OS, that is, not Google. Mine proved invaluable finding my way around London last week, finding shops, locating tube stations nearby, and having a book, published that morning, to read on the train up and in the station bar and on the train back. The battery finally gave out just before I got home at 11pm. Oh, and I had my ticket booking confirmation on screen as well. Plus I took a bunch of pics around Tate Modern and had them up on my Facebook page while sat outside on one of the cafe verandas looking at St Pauls. I couldn’t have done that with a wifi only Touch, and I’m buggered if I’m going to lug around two devises to do the job one does so perfectly. Virtually everyone I saw with a smartphone, including the business types with laptops on the train were using iPhones extensively.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Plus I took a bunch of pics around Tate Modern and had them up on my Facebook page while sat outside on one of the cafe verandas looking at St Pauls.

This is one of the things I am struggling to comprehend. Why did you feel that you had to have those pictures on your Faceache page so soon? Is that a vital part of your life? Could it not have waited while you simply enjoyed your coffee in Paternoster Square and looked at the view? Why this desire to “connect” all the time?

(Not meant as a rant at you per se, Count Zero, more a slightly alcohol fuelled observation…)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Blackerry torch or iphone 4?’ is closed to new replies.