Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Blacked out car windows. What's that all about then?
  • richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Maybe they just like it? You know, different people, different tastes and all that is it really that painful to you?

scuttler

Someone explained to me once that it meant that people couldn't see your kids and "you can't be too careful these days…". Get back to yer Daily Mail eejit.

Nico
    Free Member

I think blacked-out windows probably do work a bit for security but what puts me off doing it is that I like as much daylight as possible, particularly at this time of year. I hate that slightly gloomy feel you get with tinted windows like we have at work and I don't want to add that to my driving experience.

CountZero

There are metallic silver tints you can have applied that fall below the maximum allowed, which IIRC is 30%, so you can have all the side and rear windows done, the beauty being it reflects back even more heat and light, but, like those fashion ’sunglasses', which have a flash mirror coating, you can see quite clearly through the glass from the inside on really dull days. Two-way mirror, innit. Looks particularly good on silver cars, you can make an Audi RS6 Avant look like a 200mph delivery vehicle…

Pieface

I thought another reason was people couldn't see you skinning up / smoking in the back

sweepy
    Free Member

Curses, rumbled.

chewkw
    Free Member

To avoid the sniper. 😆

Gary_C

Can you put the silver tint on the windscreen?

andrewh
    Free Member

Friend of mine gets car-sick when traveling in the rear of vehicle with tinted windows (I just get embarassed, think the tints make you look a right t*t. People with tinted windows usually drive around with their foglights on too)

Are people more prone to get car sick if they can't see out as well or is it down to the driving of the owner of the car in question? He's a 40 year old policeman FFS, not some 15yr old chav, don't know what he's thinking of.

skidartist
    Free Member

Can you put the silver tint on the windscreen?

yes, but only on the inside 🙂

kiwijohn

Standard issue here in Oz. Stops your car turning into a furnace in the summer. But then we get more than 5 mins of sunshine. & we can also do the front sides too.

damitamit
    Free Member

I might be buying a FTO which has tinted windows. How do i remove the tint?

falkirk-mark

Smash the windows and get autoglass to replace them 🙄

Rich_s

Surely they're for people with ugly kids?

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

or maybe they just did not want to look at your ugly mush, mcmunter!!
    if they want blacked out windows, so what, leave them be!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

My experience of them in scrap yards is certainly not that the film makes it easier and quieter to break or removing in one piece, and certainly not less messy, but each to his own.

I just get amazed by the number of people who actually care what other people do with their cars when it doesnt affect them.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Blacked out car windows. What's that all about then?’ is closed to new replies.