Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Blackburn pannier rack fittings?
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

Looking at the Blackburn Central rear pannier rack which is disc compatible. My frame has fixings for a rack, but cannot find any images, etc., to show the rack fitted. Anyone have any experience of this rack or could recommend a similar disc compatible rear rack?

kcal

TorTec Transalp, can be got fur < £20, is one I’m looking at, have seen images of it fitted to /a/ bike frame but possibly not yours..

coatesy
    Free Member

We’ve had good results with Topeak’s system, fitted loads, and had no problems. They’re a bit more expensive, but as a system, their click-in rail system works very well and saves a lot of faff with straps if you remove your kit a lot.

badgerbater
    Free Member

kcal, the TorTec looks gvfm and at least you can see the fixings!

kcal

I have it in mind for my Singular Peregrine, and it was Sam that pointed me to it, so I assume it’s not a complete pile of poo.

tonyd

I’ve not used the central but have an EX1 (non-disc). Assuming you have fixing eyelets I don’t imagine you’ll have any problems, looks to me like you’ll just get longer bolts?

http://www.blackburndesign.com/racks/rear-racks/central-rear-rack.html#.U0Jj1XfYM64

badgerbater
    Free Member

tonyd, also went onto the Blackburn site; not sure if it’s because it’s new, but the picture doesn’t give any clue to the fixings and there is no pdf manual to download for the Central Rear. May send an email…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Blackburn pannier rack fittings?’ is closed to new replies.