Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Blackbox – worth it?
  • convert

I'm thinking about a new pair of forks – Revs I think this time & going for the new dual position malarky. But…

RLT vs RLT ti – the only different I can see is the RTL ti gets blockbox motion control and "dual flow" rebound. Everything else is the same – apart of course for the price £150+ extra.

Is this worth it? Seems a lot.

z1ppy

I like this…

mk1fan – Member
    Blackbox is RS's latest damping mechanism/circuit as opposed to Motion Control that has been around for a few years. At the end of the day you may find Blackbox the best thing since getting regular access to girly parts but you'll only find out by using them back to back with a Motion Control damper. The Team is slightly lighter is it not?

…magazines seem to reckon it's worth it, they suggest they're on par with Fox damping (the best in my experience). I've just bought some Rev Team's (new but very cheap as they 1.5 steerer) but have only literally had one ride on them and didn't find that they were "the best thing since getting regular access to girly parts", but it maybe I've yet to set them up correctly or run them in. Not that they were bad, but couldn't see they were hugely better than my Reba's with motion control, yet…

Vortexracing

IMO yes, especially when you get to rocky stuff, is as good as a push conversion but with more small bump performance.

BTW on-one have 2010 team u turns in for £420

convert

Hmmm – girly bits are very good, quite an endorsement.

Thanks for the info about the On one offer – at various stages whilst riding today I've come the to conclusion that just about every fork on the market would be the "perfect" fork for my 5spot – I even persuaded myself for a few miles that two fork was the "only" solution. In the end it was a close call between a Rev u-turn and dual-position so might have to consider that.

Vortexracing

that would be the fork I would use on a 5 spot. Merlin are doing the dual air at £450

you can tell i've been looking 🙄

sc-xc

Black box? Definitely worth it. You'll get to your ride on time.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

"GROAN"

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i've got the team revelations and previously had motion control. Definitely makes a difference, but you have to be going pretty quick to notice. If you've never noticed a problem with motion control, you won't be amazed by the blackbox damping or anything. Mine used to get out of its depth on the gnarly stuff and i'd get noticeable jarring through the bars, enough to make me stop on long descents. blackbox stopped all that, has a nice floaty feeling through rock gardens like the old marzocchis.

ivantate
    Free Member

Not tried them yet but have spent plenty of time on normal motion control and they all spike through the bars when hitting things fast.

Going down steps, into brick size rocks etc…..

Not a big enough problem to pay the extra yet but I have a feeling if I tried them I would need them. But enough of a reason to stop me getting a set of normal 2010 Revs so far.

Northwind

I'm still not quite sure, the difference isn't so big that my older motion control revs feel terrible compared to my newer teams with blackbox, put it that way. The BB ones do have an edge, especially on more sustained rough stuff where the older ones seem to get a bit overwhelmed and confused. So I'm glad I've got the black box in the big bike but I think I'd be perfectly happy if it had moco ones.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Blackbox – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.