Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BlackBerry Playbook what to do with it?
  • summittoppler
    Free Member

Okay. I bought the blackberry PlayBook a couple of weeks back purely on a sure of the moment purchase. I’m not a super techy person so I now need to know what to do with the thing. I was hoping to connect my GoPro to it but it won’t have any of it.

So if anyone could give me a headsup on what app, games and basically what I can use it for that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Liftman

Use it as a door stop and buy an ipad 8)

satchm00
    Free Member

They aren’t very good in all honesty. OK for internet, email, Facebook. I don’t think go pro will work, no drivers for it.

The problem with the playbook is the lack of apps and development.

drlex
    Free Member

The problem with the playbook is the lack of apps and development.

I’d understood that the new BB10 OS would be made available for the playbooks- that should boost usability.

russn
    Free Member

You can download a hack that lets it run android apps. Makes it much more useable. Can’t remember where I got it from but just google it.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Get a micro hdmi lead plug into your tv and boom smart tv!! It’s good for showing pics and watching media. I paid £90 for mine early last year and its great. Part of me wants an iPad but I can’t justify that cost.

jonnyrockymountain

I have 64gb one bought it mint second hand for £90 a few weeks ago
    Very impressed
    Yes crap apps but I have iPhone
    I use it for Internet and store for films with it having hdmi and USB you have a lot more things to use it for than an iPad
    Portable DVD player!!

summittoppler
    Free Member

Thanks guys
    I’m liking the idea of storing films etc on it as I spend a lot of time in alder hey (little one has luekeamia) and we are in centreparcs next week so it could well keep them (3 of em)quiet in the evening.

So how’s it done? Doh!

Jason
    Free Member

It is pretty easy to copy films onto the Playbook. Use something like Handbrake to copy a DVD onto your computer, then just connect the Playbook and drag and drop the file into the Playbook (I think you need to put it into the video folder). If you use itunes there is a nice app that will copy your music files from itunes onto your Playbook.

joeyj
    Free Member

You can ‘sideload’ most of the android apps so the app market is much better. Films on the play book is much better than iPad as they have two speakers. Really like the play book but also have iPads in the house mainly for work though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BlackBerry Playbook what to do with it?’ is closed to new replies.