Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blackberry picking
  • Weasel
    Free Member

It’s an early crop this year, been out the past 3 weeks picking the little gems in my local woods, probably got about another 2 weeks left before it’s all over for another year. (There’s still plenty left for the local wildlife and anyone else who actually ventures outside their front door to find these things)

Also a bit disappointing to be picking up discarded laughing gas canisters in the woods at the same time – those pesky kids.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Maybe they were also out picking blackberries, but fancied whipped cream on top.
    Everyone’s always presuming the worst these days.

I picked loads yesterday, so many about this year.

ourmaninthenorth

Early? Balls, I’ve been on hols for the last 2 weeks and now away with work until tomorrow night.

Hope the hedgerows are in one piece for a weekend raid!

benji
    Free Member

Oh yes, it’s crumble season 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A bumper crop this year, have got a few kilo in the freezer for a winter crumblethon, seriously big and sweet as well.

birdy
    Free Member

We went foraging two weeks ago in our usual spot. Initially thought that we’d come a bit early but in the end managed to pick enough for a pie and a crumble. There was still plenty of unripe berries on the bush so will return in a week or so to pick some more. Just hoping that the downpours we’ve had over the last week haven’t wiped them out,

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oh yes, it’s crumble season

Nope. It’s bramble whisky season! Happy fookin days!!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Pah! Blackberries Schmackberries, I know where there’s about 25 acres of carrots & 100’s of acres of spuds just ready for picking!

dannyh
    Free Member

Snaffled a good few mid-ride last Saturday. Very enjoyable stopping off for a few minutes and having a snack I hadn’t had to carry with me. Making sure they weren’t at the height that dogs can piss at, mind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry picking’ is closed to new replies.