Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Blackberry experts (work email 'alias'??)
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

Morning All,

Setup one of the managers with a new blackberry got the email working fine, sending from the blackberry picks it up on his outlook etc, etc.

Trouble is when he sends from the blackberry when you receive the email it is not showing the WORK alias email address?!

To clarify we have a BT Business Broadband account all users have outlook 2010 using the bt pop3 settings.

An example is my REAL work email is blahblah@btconnect.com but then I have setup the alias to our domain so its myname@ourworkname.com

So when you recieve the blackberry email to the untrained eye its not coming for myname@ourworkname.com (The alias) BUT blahblah@btconnect.com

Also just to let you know the blackberry account was set up via vodafone’s blackberry website, this is where I put in the bt server account details, there is nowhere in there to add an alias.

Probably none of the above makes sense to anyone, but it’s worth a try!

Cheers

Cougar

The “sent from” is cosmetic. Change that rather than looking for a seperate alias.

(I think)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cheers,

yeah i know, but he wants it to look like its coming from the work (alias) address not the actual account address.

i odnt think there is anything we can do apart from changingt he standard blakcberry ‘signature’

Cougar

That’s what I mean.

On Voda’s website, when it asks you for the email address, give it the corporate one. It won’t match the account, but so long as you’ve used the ‘real’ address on the SMTP server login settings it should still work.

(I think)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

aaahhh i get you now, it hinki tried this ‘i think’ i’ll give it another go.

ta

monkey_boy
    Free Member

ahaah !

it worked, but the vodafone site is crap, you have to click advanced settings then save button.

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry experts (work email 'alias'??)’ is closed to new replies.