Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blackberry 9700 – good?
  • hora
    Free Member

I’ve got the N8 nokia. Just can not get on with it at all. everytime I make a call or take one I cut the other person off (cheek on touch-screen). I cant bloody operate the touch-screen for texts properly and the internet is questionable.

So, was thinking of sending it back and getting a 9700. Any good? (internet/texts).

andyfla
    Free Member

No,

andyfla
    Free Member

sorry, just had to say that, buy either an android phone or an iphone, loads of app for either so you can expand what you do with it. Dont worry about a softboard keyboard, they really do work.

BB is excellent to integrate with a big company email system but horrible to use for Jo punter.

I have an iPhoine and love it but I have played with android and it seems excellent

ourmaninthenorth

For work, provided by work, and run through the BB enterprise serveer, great.

For real life, and the way we use phones, less so – calling is fine, and heavy email use is fine, but browser is gash on all BBs I’ve had (currently on a low rent Curve now).

Liftman

Just got the new 9800 (torch) last week which is even better than the bold. But we use them on an enterprise server which is what they are really intended for.

hora
    Free Member

Well Im mainly a ‘texter’ so the Qwerty will be spot-on and touch-screen is a no-no for me. Mrshora gave it a day before I’d crack the screen and I’ve even gone to the pub and left the N8 at home. Its just too delicate.

andydicko
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Bold 9700 for personal use for about 12 months now, and it’s spot on, usr mainly email, text and BB messenger, browser is pants though, thay are going to bring BB OS 6 out for bold in the future though, apparently the browser is much better on OS 6

djglover
    Free Member

I’d agree with all the people saying blackberry is only any use as a business app.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve got a curve and have just been introduced to the world of Opera, it has changed the browsing experience completely and is much less hassle than the BB browser (I think I know what I’m talking about here!). Email is excellent and I have all my accounts set up on the Blackberry except Yahoo which generally has been dire in all areas especially customer service (so they’re getting binned across the board).

I also like the feel in the hand as it’s a bit wider than most phones. If apps are your thing then maybe there are more for Android or iPhobe, in reality are there more apps, eg. one decent GPS and several hundred crappy also rans, quantity not the same as quality.

V happy with mine and will upgrade to 3g as soon as I can, that said 2g and Opera isn’t that slow…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry 9700 – good?’ is closed to new replies.