Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Black to the future
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Black ops 2 video was released at am this morning:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY&feature=g-u-u[/video]

What do you guys recon? Looks like a good twist on the franchise to me but treyarch have jumped from ww2 to 1970’s to 2025 in 3 games where as modern warfare had moved 2 years in game despite 3 passing.

What no laser beamzzzzzz!!!!!!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Battle: Los Angelees?

Drac

Looks good but it’s a brave move, others franchises did this and killed them for years. It seems not a bad balance not too futuristic.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Eughh, childish idiocy.

binners

Cougar

What do I think? I think “Yet Another FPS.” I hit FPS burnout somewhere between Doom and Quake and I long for something different.

Give me a shout when they announce a multiplayer game like Freespace (y’know, like EVE only not dull) or a decent adventure I can get my brain into.

Drac

Don’t hold your breath Cougar, consoles are ruling the roast so it means FPS.

Eve is great with friends and going pirate mode, being hunted by corps was great fun trying to keep cloaked and jumping through gates away from them. Scaming people in game too to make credits 400m of one scam each there was 3 of us.

Cougar

EVE looked great, but they’d managed to suck all the actual fun out of it. I want to be Luke Skywalker not Senator Amidala. And the inability to invert the Y-axis was the final nail in the coffin.

GrahamS

I hit FPS burnout somewhere between Doom and Quake and I long for something different.

Did you never play “Deus Ex” back in the (Doom/Quake) day then?
    Decent storyline, multiple plots, plus the ability to think rather than just go in guns blazing.

Don’t hold your breath Cougar, consoles are ruling the roast so it means FPS.

Which is odd cos I’ve always hated playing FPS on consoles. Mouse + keyboard FTW.

emsz
    Free Member

driving cars? call of duty?

looks cool.

Cougar

Did you never play “Deus Ex” back in the (Doom/Quake) day then?

No, actually, but I’m aware of it.

I did play one futuristic one around that time that I enjoyed (circa Half Life I think)… what the hell was it called now… I remember collecting coloured keycards to progress.. ??

GrahamS

Worth a look (on PC obviously). I’m pretty sure they released a Director’s Cut at some point.
    Graphics have probably dated quite a lot, but it was an influential, if underrated, game of its day.
    Certainly one of the first I played that let you solve things in multiple ways. RPG elements too. Upgradable skills and weapons.

(still remembering dodging one big boss fight by setting up a bunch of claymores beforehand and tempting him to chase me past them)

Cougar

System Shock! That was it. Ace game.

Creg

System Shock was a brilliant game!

Cougar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock

“the 2000 game Deus Ex and the 2007 game BioShock are spiritual successors to the two games.” (SS and SS2)

nicko74

I thought this was going to be about a blaxploitation version of Back to the Future – which, btw, would’ve been awesome.

I’m disappointed 🙁

Drac

Which is odd cos I’ve always hated playing FPS on consoles. Mouse + keyboard FTW.

Oh mouse and keyboard is much better. They’re popular as so readily available and no need to upgrade to play the latest game. COD works better using controllers, probably as it’s what it’s geared up for.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The last FPS I really enjoyed was Ghost Recon, backin the early days of XBox Live – when I actually “knew” the people online and would play with the same dozen or so all the time. Also, it had an element of stealth to it. There’s another one coming out soon I think. Wonder what it will be like…

PrinceJohn

I find FPS’s these days hard to get into & get easily lost & confused.

Multiplayer Goldeneye & Perfect Dark on the N64 have yet to be matched in my world.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

CoD is usually very linear though, difficult to get confused.

Treyarch are crap though – not enjoyed any of their CODs

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Black to the future’ is closed to new replies.