Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Black Park XC venue – for a relative beginner
  • adsh
    Free Member

Eldest son (18) wants to do an MTB race. He’s relatively fit, hasn’t cycled for a while and isn’t the most technically able (overly brave).

What’s Black Park like as a venue? Steepness, hardness of landing and narrowness of trees etc

njee20
    Free Member

Entirely flat. Nothing remotely technical. Perfect intro to racing for someone not overly confident. Some of the singletrack is a bit narrow, but it’s not fast or anything, so not a specific issue.

adsh
    Free Member

Great – thanks! Watch out for an Orange Cotic single speed on sunday then! 😀

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The only technical sections in the circuit this year are a couple of bombholes.

One is the usual one that is used in most of the races there and there’s a new section with a couple of bombholes in it.
    I rode the course last week and it’s looking pretty good.

adsh
    Free Member

I’m having second thoughts – an injury for someone planning to become an infantry soldier would be really catastrophic. Already shaky judgement would be made worse by race day atmosphere.

njee20
    Free Member

Seriously, if he wants to race then Black Park is probably the easiest course in the country to do it on! Good fun, very fast, but not difficult. Do a practice lap and see what he thinks.

Why would he get injured? Does he travel in cars or walk down the road? Both more likely to get him injured!

hs125
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ll find a better venue for a first race. Even the big bomb hole had a chicken run last year, so you don’t need great technical skills to get round in one piece.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Black Park XC venue – for a relative beginner’ is closed to new replies.