Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Black Mountains Cycle Centre push up
  • thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Hi.

How long to push up? Maybe cruising by that way in a month and won’t manage a full day, maybe only a couple of hours. Anyone done it?

welshfarmer

It is not that far but very steep. You can ride around on tarmac and bridleway which is mildly less unpleasant. If you were dead set on a ride push up the same track the uplift uses than I would be thinking about 15 minutes tops should see you up the top depending on fitness. Tis only 150 m altitude difference and about 3/4 km distance

We didn’t book and managed to get on the trailers no problem at a weekend in the summer

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

ta’s

smatkins1
    Free Member

The first time I went I rode up as it was a spur of the moment decision to go.

To give you an idea I did 9 runs and some faffing around on the full moto line with a mere 26.1km covered, 1,251m climbed and 3 hours moving time.

A quick look back at strava suggests it was taking 12-15min to ride up. I wasn’t too far off the speed of the tractor going up. That was on my Bronson though. If you’re on a more serious bike and pushing up it’s going to take a lot longer!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Black Mountains Cycle Centre push up’ is closed to new replies.