Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Black Mountains 3 day challenge
  • av-a-lanche
    Free Member

I see that they are appealing for more riders. £220 for 3 days riding & canvas accommodation. It seems fairly obvious why entries are scarce. 😆

Shred
    Free Member

I do not understand the reluctance to spend money on an organised event. If you look world wide, I think these events are priced competitively for a all inclusive (food, accommodation, support) event. If you aren't interested in multiday events, why complain about the price?

13thfloormonk

It didn't strike me as overpriced, and I would have loved to enter it, problem is I managed to overspend on my last holiday to the tune of £600 somehow, so no races for me for a while 😳

taxi25
    Free Member

I wouldn't say its over priced. But then its not cheap either. Most mtb marathons are in the £30-35 price range so call it £100 for entries. You can camp all w/end for free at a lot of events as well. So is £120 for the use of a tent you probably already have, and food that might or might not be suitable to you.
    Maybe a cheaper unsupported option might help entries

snowpaul
    Free Member

I would love to do this – theres cracking riding round there – I know ! I wish the organisers the best.

However me n the mrs are no way in the position to spend 220 quid each on 3 days worth of riding when it came be done normally for very little – just not as an event… I suppose its not that expensive vs other events BUT I reckon a lot of these events are way pricey anyways… Its a better value event than say mayhem I reckon and on proper trails too…

I would love to do it but am just too poor !

paul

paul78
    Free Member

Dont want to get into a a debate on costs but i am happy to say that the majority of people we have spoken to didn't deem the cost excessive and if you could see the actual figures involved in such an event you would wonder why anyone puts them on 🙂

Great that people can vouch for what the area has to offer riders plus we are being granted access to areas otherwise off limits to riders so there should be something fresh for even regular Black Mountains visitors.

We have taken on board all the comments and one thing which is recurring is a 'DIY' package for riders that just don't want the tent or food.. although those who have eaten at the Drop Off Cafe would not be turning down their food:) .. this weekend we will be putting something together but keep posting the comments and mailing us any queries..

info@beardedman.co.uk

I will be at Mayhem for most the weekend.. easliy identified by the Black Mountains Event T shirt oh and walking a whippet so please say hello and i would love to chat in person.

paul.e

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Black Mountains 3 day challenge’ is closed to new replies.