Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Black Mountains 3 day
  • tthew

Just clicked on the advert over there ->

Looks pretty good. Have they run this sort of event before? Anyone have any expreience or comment? (this is not a subtle/not subtle advert, genuine interest)

paul78
    Free Member

This is a first year event…

Unfortunately as part of the organisation i can't give you an impartial view but can say the trails will be a good mix and we are in it to give riders the best event experience.

Any questions i'll be happy to answer.

paul.e

tthew

Fair comments, if you were aiming to put on a rubbish event, then word would get round and you'd be jiggered next time.

Have you run any other bike/sports events before that I may be able to find feedback/reviews about? I'd like to get a feel for how well your things have gone in the past, this seems pretty adventurous for a first go.

dave360

I can't commit to this till the end of June. Hope they'll be a place left if I get the green light…

paul78
    Free Member

I'm part of a team.. we are both endurance racers… yes this is a big entry into the world of event organisation but what we are trying to do is offer riders something short on supply in the UK.. multi day fully supported events.

You have obviously been through our event website but just to give you an insight into the organisation this is my personal blog detailing what i do when not organising this event…

shoestring-racing.blogspot.com.

thanks

paul.e

paul78
    Free Member

dave360, we do have a deposit system if you wanted to guarantee a place and we are fully understanding that peoples circumstances change so would refund the deposit should you not be able to make it.

I assume alot of people are in a similar position so we are very flexible.

paul.e

dave360

yo Paul – is this info on the web site?

paul78
    Free Member

Deposit listed here..

http://booking.blackmountains3day.co.uk/registration/

Also worth checking here for updates..

http://blog.beardedman.co.uk/

paul.e

dave360

fugit, I IS ENTERED

paul78
    Free Member

You know it makes sense:)

Now go forth and spread the good word.

Sam at Singular just delivered the Swift frame for us to customise for the event before we give it away:)

paul.e

Sam

Nice one Dave 🙂

From my dealings with Dave and Paul so far it certainly seems they are on it. Though neither have (to my knowledge) previously organised events – they have certainly participated in a lot and know what goes in to making one work. they definitely appear to be ticking all the boxes to make the BM3 a good one!

vdubber67
    Free Member

I've already entered. I don't know anything about the organisers, but they seem well organised from the communications I've had and the website itself.

The UK needs more events like this (only Trans Wales like it at present?) and I'm prepared to take a chance on it in some ways to support the growth of this type of thing in the UK.

Cheers

Rich

vdubber67
    Free Member

P.S what size is the Swift? 😉

paul78
    Free Member

Thanks for the votes of confidence, rest assured we are working very hard to make this a success and encourage all who can to get on board with this event whether racing or volunteering.

Swift frame size… You'll have to wait and see:) it will be a little different to Sam's normal ones too:)

paul.e

paul78
    Free Member

This maybe the only original remaining feature of the Singular Swift after Sam at Singular and Oli at Movelo finalise there custom livery ideas..

Entries still available.. you gotta be in it to win it 🙂

paul.e

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Black Mountains 3 day’ is closed to new replies.