Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Black Mirror
  • DezB
    Free Member

Why nobody talking about Black Mirror?
    Available on Netflix now. 6 new episodes.
    Watched first one, brilliant. Want to watch them all, but got to go to bed, ride tomorrow.
    The end.

PrinceJohn

I was going to last night, really excited for this, they’ve got some great talent in front and behind the camera, should be the best run yet…

mechanicaldope

Ooo… Didn’t know! Thanks! A but far fetched sometimes though. Honestly, a PM **** a pig?! Surely that would never happen?!

binners

Give us a bloody chance! It’s only been up five minutes. It’s next on the list. I’m sure it’ll be absolutely bloody brilliant!

davros

First new episode is excellent. Nice music from Max Richter too.

chvck
    Free Member

Watched the first 3 of the 6 last night, thought episode 1 was good but 2 and 3 pretty forgettable and not episodes I’ll be looking to rewatch whereas the other 2 seasons I can happily rewatch pretty much all of them.

maccruiskeen

Why nobody talking about Black Mirror?

Its on Netflix. Not everybody watches it. If you put all the amazon / netflix / sky now subscriptions together it only adds up to less than a 1/4 of households so its not the best place to put telly for people to talk about.

Flaperon

First thing that happened after the episode finished was Netflix asking me to rate it. The irony was not lost on me.

v8ninety

Okay, interest sufficiently piqued. Can I watch all three series on Netflix, or do I have to scrabble around on some other service for the first two? TIA

DezB
    Free Member

ts on Netflix. Not everybody watches it.

Very true – it is shite that (presumably) Netflix pays more for top British drama like this than terrestrial channels.

@v8ninety – all 3 series are on Netflix

jekkyl

Watched the first one ‘nosedive’ very well observed, don’t know how he does it, consistently brilliant.
    *downvotes DezB*

yunki
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Only got 2 left now. The AI one was great but the American bloke was just too annoying!

Anyone watched the “bees” one yet? Wow! Kelly MacDonald AND Faye Marsay 😯

jekkyl

just watched ‘San Junipero’ … very good, very thought provoking..

tinribz
    Free Member

Had hoped to spread these out but ended up watching all 6 in 3 days.

Hmm Kelly McDonald and The Waif. That should be a new series.

boxelder

“Hated in the Nation” – great work Charlie, as usual. Good interview with him on 6 Music the other day (Thursday?)

wilburt
    Free Member

Excellent

jekkyl

Watched ‘Men against fire’ over the weekend and thought it was ace. My reading of it….
    The roaches are people that the media deem to be disruptive to Society, like the refugees or immigrants we’re seeing now.
    The soldier Stripe is you or me or any other person in society.
    The ‘Mass’ system installed in Stripe’s head is the mass media like TV news or the daily mail.
    The mass media distorts our view of these people making them out to be monsters and dangerous to our society. Occasionally the system breaks down and we see these people for the humans they actually are, like the picture of the drowned little boy on the beach. But these occasions are rare and the system soon returns to full affect and life continues as it was unchanged.

Loved the bee one as well.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Black Mirror’ is closed to new replies.