Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Black Combe ride pics
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yet again I fail to see my house from the summit 🙁
    click pic for more

downhill with Irish Sea:

Isle of Man:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

After some deliberation I've tagged a lot of mountains, but let me know if I've got any wrong – I'm not used to seeing them from this angle…

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

Awesome pictures, I could look at them all day.

grumm
    Free Member

Some stunning pics in there – this one is great.

As is this

speaker2animals

Very nice Mr Barnes, as usual. Only a short walk for me on Sunday but nice and snowy.

Approaching Shutlingsloe

Me & Trig (point)

Follow the finger (post)

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

SFB:Just looked at your ride report on bogtrotters website and noticed that you called in a pub at foxfield (the prince wales).Lived there with my parents till I moved back to garstang.

grumm
    Free Member

Well if we're all posting pics… 🙂

Anyone guess where this was taken from?

I've been to the Prince of Wales in Foxfield – nice beer and pasties and bit like being in someone's front room.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Approaching Shutlingsloe

I was only reading the Wierdstone of Brisingamen the other day – that's where the action of the story ends 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Anyone guess where this was taken from?

it's too small to tell but Yorkshire

grumm
    Free Member

Yup it's Yorkshire – bigger one here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/18244158@N00/4318663146/sizes/l/

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ah, that's better. Shot from Whernside, Kingsdale in foreground, then Gregareth, then Lakeland 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

correction, from Ingleborough with Twisleton Scar nearest and Chapel-le-Dale in front

grumm
    Free Member

Nope, not quite right I'm afraid. 🙂

edit: too slow 👿

Your correction is right.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

great lakeland sweep 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers – just getting to grips with me new camera. :mrgreen:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

BTW, only been on Ingleborough once but it's like Boot Hill up there, flat and covered with annoying stones 🙁

click pic for more

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nice shots Simon – got to get up Black Combe sometime… my excuses are running out since it is only a couple of miles along the road too!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't actually like it much as a ride, but this time we had good views which made up for it 🙂

pennine
    Free Member

only been on Ingleborough once but it's like Boot Hill up there

Funny you should say that – my brother's ashes are buried up there.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

my brother's ashes are buried up there.

no disrespect Granville 🙂 Not my favourite hill. I'd probably go for Thornthwaite Beacon!

pennine
    Free Member

No problem Simon, I was being lighthearted. Should have added a smilie 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

BTW, only been on Ingleborough once but it's like Boot Hill up there, flat and covered with annoying stones

I wasn't on the bike, still don't seem to be capable at the mo.

Saw a couple of people on bikes – one pretty good guy coming down fast in the opposite direction (with no helmet!) and another guy carrying up the ice/snow on the final steep bit to the top as we were coming down.

lowey

Former fort on top of Ingleborough.

Simon, read the Wierdstone of Brisingamen at school, brings back memories that did. reminded me very much of Tolkiens Hobbit.

Some great pics there lads.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon, read the Wierdstone of Brisingamen at school, brings back memories that did

what I liked about the Alan Garner stories was, you could go to the places where they were set around Manchester. I recall turning the wheels on the map in Picadilly and finding Thursday St 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

… and I've since learned that Brisingamen was the necklace of Freya, which she lent to Thor when he was impersonating her 🙂 I never knew the Norse gods got up to such things!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Great pics as usual Simon. Do you have a route map or mmo/gpx of the route?

lock
    Free Member

hi guys ive got the wifes grandad in haverigg and he says i can go and stay with him anytime.

i would love to come down that way and hook up with some locals for a ride,anyone facy taking me out sat/sunday or can point me in thr right direction

StuF

I like the downhill from the top into the dudden valley (10-15mins). I had the pleasure of growing up within sight of the combe.

My parents still live up there so I get to go and play occasionally.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Do you have a route map or mmo/gpx of the route?

uh, above every single pic are buttons for a) route map b) GPX download, and below each pic if you mouse over the grid ref you get a popup showing where it was taken…

i would love to come down that way and hook up with some locals for a ride,anyone facy taking me out sat/sunday or can point me in thr right direction

if you check out the rides list here you're welcome to join any of the rides

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Doh! Didn't see that…
    Thanks.

Andy-R

Nice pics. SFB.

You didn't spot me up on North Barrule then? 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You didn't spot me up on North Barrule then?

unless you are 100m tall that would have been unlikely…

Andy-R

True – I'm far from statuesque 😥

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Black Combe ride pics’ is closed to new replies.