Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bkool pro trainer?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

Anyone got a Bkool pro trainer? Are they as good as they sound?

They have a 30 day free trial offer at the moment so might get one to have a play on if they are any good.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

well jury still out here. always seemed to work on laptop but ipad seems flaky. not sure why but after 10mins or so it stops adjusting the resistance yet as far as can tell from screen its still working ok. very annoying

lakesrider
    Free Member

i’ll only be using it on the laptop so hopefully wont have that problem.

If it wasnt for the ipad issue how would you rate it?

What sort of workouts are you doing on it? I’ve read you can join multiplayer ‘races’ but do you have to ‘book’ onto these in advance? Can you just race against computerised opponents at anytime you want if you dont want to race against other actual people?

I did think it would be good to try some of the famous tour de france climbs… but then i realised some of these (eg mont ventoux) would take me a while to do (ie more than an hour) so might not be that good on a turbo trainer.

I suppose with the 30 day free trial i can find all this out for myself, just wanted a bit of info first to see if its a possibility before i get the trial.

Did you buy yours direct from Bkool? I wonder how flexable they are on price after the free trial as they are selling it direct for £469, but available on wiggle for £343, so if i say i’m going to return it as its cheaper elsewhere i wonder if would they match the price.

slowjo
    Free Member

I replaced my tired old Tacx iMagic with one after Christmas.

I have been concentrating on ‘easy’ and ‘moderate’ rides but working on a time rather than a distance basis. So far I have not bothered with the 3D or the multiplayer races. I am enjoying the video routes too much. I am not ready for the difficult or extreme routes yet though I am pretty fit/strong atm.

While I used to die of boredom on the iMagic, the variety of routes on the Bkool keeps me interested enough to actually look forward to evening sessions.

Is the Wiggle one the old style (white) unit? These are supposed to be a bit wobbly and the new, black, ones have extendable legs making it more stable. I got mine from Fishface Cycles for £380 for the new, black, trainer.

I use mine on a laptop and it is stable as anything. The only issue is that sometimes their servers can be quite busy so you can’t upload your ride data immediately.

Otherwise…I really rate mine. If you get one and like it, we could set up a STW group maybe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bkool pro trainer?’ is closed to new replies.