Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bjorn lomborg u turn
  • alex222
    Free Member

it appears the worlds most vocal global warming sceptic has made a u turn on climate change and global warming. seems that the argument against it is now so weak that it would seem impossible to deny it any more.

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/climate-change-denialist-bjorn-lomborg-changes-course/19614449

tron
    Free Member

I thought his previous argument was that we couldn't influence it a great deal, not that it wasn't happening?

alex222
    Free Member

the article says that he believed it was happening but it wasn't that great an issue. he is now saying that $100's of bn of dollars should be levied to help fight it. putting more tax on the purchase of cars etc.

tron
    Free Member

Classy work, an article that contradicts the headline…

alex222
    Free Member

it is a u turn. surely his opinion is now that money should be spent on fighting climate change as oposed to saying there nothing we can do.

tron
    Free Member

I meant the "denialist" bit. If you're going to call someone a climate change denialist, it's probably best that they actually have been denying the existence of climate change.

alex222
    Free Member

i see your point. i guess though his work is used by big buisness types to bolster their denial. i have to agree though it isn't the greatest written article. still its good for the pro climate change loby.

aracer
    Free Member

still its good for the pro climate change loby

Surely you mean the "throw lots of money on things there's no evidence of making any difference" lobby.

alex222
    Free Member

yes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bjorn lomborg u turn’ is closed to new replies.