Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bizarre people
  • bassspine
    Free Member

did anyone else find a couple having their picnic right in the middle of the ridge trail last night?
    just below the fire break on the Execketer side, hundrexd metres past the sign warning that 'this is not a walking trail' and matey was getting pissy with the cyclists!

wwaswas

There was a bloke in the middle of the woods at Stanmer Park a month or so back at 9 at night.

Laying in a hammock, reading a book and smoking a joint.

He didn't acknowledge I was there and, tbh, I was a bit wary of starting a conversation.

Cougar

Couple of weeks ago we encountered a large family (or I suppose, couple of families) at a trail centre who'd decided that halfway down the red route was a great place for a quick game of hide and seek. They'd haphazardly blocked off the start of the singletrack with a pile of discarded bikes, such that we'd to actually dismount and carry our rides over their detritus, and then told half a dozen small kids to go and hide in the bushes and dart across the track at random intervals.

Honestly, what goes through some people's minds, a light breeze? You can guarantee that if you'd taken out one of these Darwin Award contenders it'd have been out fault too.

Cougar

Man, I'm feeling ranty today.

scraprider
    Free Member

was on the ridge a few weeks back, i went past the bloke , then he started to have a go at mrs scraprider, he didnt bargin on me coming back and tell him to **** off as he was in the wrong.

Kevevs
    Free Member

There was a bloke having a rant at, and trying to start a fight with, a big green litter bin in Asda car park the other week. He eventually fought it to the ground then got his nob out and pissed on it in a self-congratulatory manner. Respect!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

LOL

I saw a young couple go with their kid in a pushchair, the wrong way along a fast flat section of the return leg of the trail. Luckily it only took them a short while til they were in the wrong!

rOcKeTdOg

saw a guy getting a BJ off his girlfriend/wife by the side of the trail in some woods once, he just looked up, our eyes met as she had her head in his lap and he gave me a thumbs up sign as i rode off 😀

OCB
    Free Member

@ rOcKeTdOg

If I'd have known you posted on here I'd have said hello properly.

😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

On the section of bridleway down to Marsden along Stonepit Leigh Clough the final section is a very steep, rocky & narrow descent down to the stream. It's a blind descent meaning that you can't actually see along it til you've rolled over the edge & totally committed yourself…

Once rode over the edge to find 3 little old ladies having a picnic about 40yrds down the trail – complete with tartan blanket!

"Oh" Says little old lady "Shall we move?"

Yes please" says I, balancing on my front wheel…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bizarre people’ is closed to new replies.