Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bizarre insurance questions
  • samuri
    Free Member

i'm just looking round for a car insurance renewal.

Aviva ask me the following

"No driver of the vehicle is a professional sports person, actor, actress, model, circus/fairground worker or anyone connected with the entertainment industry. "

Now my dad was an artist and as a result had to pay far more than most on his insurance, probably because artistic people are prone to unlogical actions like staring at beautiful things and crashing their cars or something.

Aviva simply will not insure someone who falls into the above categories. Why the hell not? Chris Hoy leaves his jag at the velodrome when he goes off cycling in different parts of the world so I can understand them not wanting to insure him but surely most professional sportspeople are sane and sensible individuals? I can understand actors and models being a bit suspect but *anyone* connected with the entertainment industry? Seems a bit harsh.

Any idea why?

joemarshall
    Free Member

I understand it's partly because you're likely to have famous / rich people in your car. At least that's what the tv presenter I worked with said – if you crash with a professional footballer or famous tv presenter in your car, and for some reason you are liable to them for loss of earnings or something, that could be zillions of pounds.

Joe

samuri
    Free Member

Aah, that makes sense Joe.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Yep, you drive home with Wayne Rooney, Christian Ronaldo and a couple of Spicegirls as girlfriends. It leaves the road giving the two males broken legs and the girls with cuts and facial scarring.

The injury claims are trivial. The future loss of earnings claim/pensions will bankrupt a small insurer!

samuri
    Free Member

And it makes bog all difference because Aviva are over a hundred quid dearer than directline.

430 quid for an old mans car being driven by someone with no convictions and 15 years no claims. Rip off britain!

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, you drive home with Wayne Rooney, Christian Ronaldo and a couple of Spicegirls as girlfriends. It leaves the road giving the two males broken legs and the girls with cuts and facial scarring.

To be fair, with the exception of rooney who strikes me as a nice enough bloke, I'd deliberately crash the car to try and kill them all, so that's fair enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bizarre insurance questions’ is closed to new replies.