Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bivys around south west
  • santacoops
    Free Member

Looking for some new ideas for one or two nighters not too far from bristol, done one on exmoor and one up crickhowell way, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Cheers.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Good question, been thinking the same things for a while.

Are you thinking of going from Bristol by bike, or driving to somewhere 1st?

Bits of Wales are fairly accessible by road, not sure about off road though. Certainly train, then bike would be doable.

rigiddaddy

Stokes Croft and James Barton roundabout seem very popular for sleeping out under th stars.

Flashy
    Free Member

Ho ho

I too will be watching this thread with interest…..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member
    valleydaddy
    Free Member

Bits of Wales are fairly accessible by road, not sure about off road though. Certainly train, then bike would be doable

that made me laugh!! 😀

santacoops just head to the Brecon Beacons and explore tons to go for, or even bivvy up in the forests in the popular trail centres if your discreet you can get away with it. Skyline for example would be ideal.

santacoops
    Free Member

Are you thinking of going from Bristol by bike, or driving to somewhere 1st?

Plan was to get dropped of by the wife/mate’s wife and get picked up same spot or arrange a pick up point.

Stokes Croft roundabout seem very popular for sleeping out under th stars.

Done that before on the way home a few years ago following an all dayer and a puke, although it wasn’t all night.

buzz-lightyear – i’m up there more than AC and LW so was looking for something different, although i am considering from there around cheddar or thereabouts.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cheddar Gorge

There’s some flat areas near the cliff top, off the bridleway. Access the bridleway via the farm track further up off cliff road:

Farm Track

santacoops
    Free Member

Yes, or i was thinking around here…

Here… there.

Could go from Rowberrow to Cheddar maybe but i was thinking a bit more distance. Do you know anything that would link on to this that would go or come from further afield?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bivys around south west’ is closed to new replies.