Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • bit wet out int it?
  • rOcKeTdOg

must be a slight thaw on the upper slopes of the NW Alps, as the bridleways are a bit moist

Bridleways a bit wet by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

hmmm dont you just love dusty trails?

Kevevs
    Free Member

It’s hammering it down and blowing a gale here, and I’m right fed up ‘cos I’ve got the weekend off for the first time in months (waves fist at sky).

Houns

Glad i stayed in and its a good job you’ve got clown wheels

jools182
    Free Member

I went out around Hayfield

the worst bit was up near the shooting cabin, went through a puddle and bottomed out on my bb, just as I was passing the only group of bikers on the whole ride 🙄

worst stuff was the clay, it was really greasy

it wasn’t too bad

I’d rather have frost or sunshine though

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just got back from 2.5hrs round Delamere, it’s greasy to say the least especially the roots and the clay/sand bits.

Still better than being inside though

gonetothehills
    Free Member

So that’s why you need the bigger wheels then is it?! 🙂

I went out for a couple of hours on the road this morning (chicken) and got back before breakfast without getting too wet, but the wind wasn’t half starting to howl. Still – it’s better than the ice.

rOcKeTdOg

yes, wind was a bit of a pain, but no rain fell and i had the wrong jacket on, far too hot on the climbs!

Goz
    Free Member

What tyres for…..?

rOcKeTdOg

submarining?

sambob
    Free Member

Really wet around Hayfield today. What were you riding Jools?

rOcKeTdOg

the rain Gods had a lie in today, stopped 10 mins before i left and started 30 mins after i got home….i will pay for their kindness i expect!

MoreCashThanDash

Started about 3pmn here in Derby – got out for a dry and unseasonably warm road ride this morning, got back just as the wind picked up enough to make holding a straight line on exposed roads a little “problematic”

Never seen as many roadies going up and down the A6 as this morning – I had an early cake stop to make sure there was still some left…..

Blower
    Free Member

very mild though..

yep wet round here,mud glorious mud.

jamesb
    Free Member

Didnt go out yesterday as blowing 40mph + here, but not much rain. Today had booked in to do a ride in Elan Valley, still very windy and also heavy rain, place awash, reservoirs overflowing but went on a 26 mile ride around and over hills, actually enjoyed it, especially as wind started to drop out and glad I went. Made descents interesting though as most were rivers hiding allobstacles` 🙂

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Went out for 12 miles around Meltham this morning (see the West Yorks maps in current STW issue).

The wind was no fun at all, riding into it I was lucky to be getting above 5mph. Horizontal rain whenever I got the chance to look up.

Mud and clay, the likes I’ve not seen around these parts ever before. Impossible to get traction up hill.

A puddle so deep my BB got submerged (oh dear! is that the end of that :S)

And for those familiar with the area, the road known as Pig Shit Lane (officially Deer Hill End Rd) has had so much rain that for the first time ever I could see the road under the relentless onslaught of pig and cow shit – this is NOT a road you want to have an ‘off’ on.

Got home and hosed myself down as well as the bike. In the pouring rain. At least my gear is now clean for the next ride 🙂

Yes. It is a bit wet out there.

rOcKeTdOg

wet but warm, what’s not to like?

matt_outandabout

Tad damp here:

rOcKeTdOg

blimey, wouldn’t fancy wading that

jamesb
    Free Member

There were canoeists playing about today in rivers like that nearby 🙁

btw is that the Falls of Dochart ???

Xylene
    Free Member

Just mud, sticky sand, sticky muddy sand, sticky muddy sand with pine needles where we went today.

I was knackered within the first 10 minutes

matt_outandabout

tis the Falls of Dochart, from our house. And my guys have been out paddling all sorts in that condition all weekend… 😀

crezzy

horizontal rain and gail force winds and visibility of about 20ft up rivi this morning , was kinda glad i took geared bike instead of single speed this time

Kevevs
    Free Member

you rode yer bike, respect! I couldn’t be arsed..

Johnbot
    Free Member

Fine January day for it in Glasgow, got a good two hours in today. And worked out a new bit of trail, gonna take my saw and spade with me next weekend. Bring on the sunny evenings

pixelmix
    Free Member

Looks a bit mad in Killin there Matt. Dry and sunny (but breezy) at Glentress today. Yesterday’s rain meant the off piste sections on the Glentress Duathlon were a bit slippy though.

jools182
    Free Member

Sambob – I was on a patriot

jamesb
    Free Member

see the snow disappearing fast from the hills Matt ! I`m up in Highlands late Feb so starting a watch on snow conditions, but given 30 day forecast looks like a lot will have gone by then—which is a mixed blessing as I can ride my MTB to Munro bases but will miss full on winter conditions (maybe 🙂

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

smashed up car so had to ride in today, wet through to me shreddies in 5 mins. strangley peacful ride though.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Three cheers for army surplus Goretex and overshoes. Still – would prefer dry trails so I can get a bit of speed up. Getting so bored of slogging through sloppy thick mud I even went out on my roadbike at the weekend. Seemed to be going into a 40mph headwind no matter which way I was going, so shan’t make that mistake again… 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘bit wet out int it?’ is closed to new replies.