Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Bit of trouble at mill
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I told I guy I work with that I liked his handbag and his perfume smelt nice (dead strong and he was splashing it on like Henry Cooper).

It's the only way to describe the bag and the perfume he was wearing was some kind of Calvin Something or the other (he told me but I cant remember)

Anyway I pretty much stuck to my guns and he got really quite upset.

So anyway, when did it become OK for men to wear perfume and carry handbags or do I owe this chap an apology.

project
    Free Member

Its a manbag,

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you've pulled!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Ask him if he shaves his plums as well

Jamie
    Free Member

Im surprised he didn't scratch your eyes out.

joolsburger
    Free Member

He is otherwise a bloke but I suppose he's lived in London for too long.

The other day – Facecream FFS

Drac

Did you offer him a facial?

uplink
    Free Member

we have a few of them in our London office – all handbags & moisturiser

joolsburger
    Free Member

It worries me.

A rucsac and some pit spray no problem but handbags?? What is the world coming to?

avdave2

It worries me too. I'd much rather the world were in the hands of witty and urbane Neanderthals like you. 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Me too.

Avdave – the lady doth protest too much methinks.

Got the missus on the look out for nice mulberry number or something fella?

project
    Free Member

Joolsburger,you may be facing a claim for sexual discrimination,you humiliated this chap because he showed gay side,sadly we are seeing more nd more feminisation of the male,and of the male being seen as a sex symbol to sell product.

Best to offer profuse apologies,and get a DVD copy of Queer as folk.

joolsburger
    Free Member

He's not gay at all the gay guy we work with was completely in agreement that handbags are for the ladies.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Im not talking about his sexuality at all couldnt care less about that my issue is blokes with perfume and bloody handbags.

uplink
    Free Member

Metrosexual is what they are

GrahamS

So anyway, when did it become OK for men to wear perfume and carry handbags

Around the turn of the last decade grandad. 🙄

winstonsmith

have you noticed the kids not doing up their laces or leaving their jeans round their arses yet?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don't think it is sex discrimination but it could be construed as intimidation. You are on dangerous ground

TooTall
    Free Member

How far from 'manbag' is a messenger bag?

project
    Free Member

Joolsburger,you may be by your attitude and words saying that he is less of a man than yourself,because instead of using a satchel,breifcase,and wearing high scent aftershave to cover up a personal odour problem,it could well be seen as a case of discrimination.

Gald to see you have the token Gay man working with you.

uplink
    Free Member

How far from 'manbag' is a messenger bag

one & the same – a messenger bag is a handbag

joolsburger
    Free Member

Wow can of worms eh..

This is a leather handbag afaic and the perfume well it was flowery, problem was a joke turned into a row and he did get really stressed.

No "token" gays in my office just a gay man who is a good mate.

smell_it
    Free Member

Too much perfume is a bit distasteful, as is cheap aftershave or dousing yourself in lynx. I believe a fella should have a good scent, decent shoes and be dressed right. It's generally a point of banter and mick taking both ways at work. Sounds like your work mate is a bit over sensitive, it's all horses for courses, you should dress for yourself.

brakes
    Free Member

you should dress for yourself

my Mum still dresses me

cinnamon_girl

Are there any "real men" left in the world?

Coyote
    Free Member

or dousing yourself in lynx

That's also a real big fire risk.

grumm
    Free Member

Is this an experiment in what the internet would have been like in the 1970s?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

CG – Yoo hoo! over here!!!

smell_it
    Free Member

my Mum still dresses me

Now that's love 😳

cinnamon_girl

Why hello WCA! How are you? Are you still in one piece from that silly fixie of yours?

MrNutt
    Free Member

gt85 and a hessian sack is the future!

Drac

problem was a joke turned into a row and he did get really stressed.

Guess he didn't find your joke funny and probably offensive which makes you in the wrong.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Well no handbag this morning.

Personally I'm all for peoples freedom to do what they want and my freedom to take the piss. I am obviously old fashioned but unapologetic, the guy had a handbag FFS.

Rich
    Free Member

Where do you keep all your stuff if not in a bag?

You sound insecure in your masculinity. :p

uplink
    Free Member

Where do you keep all your stuff if not in a bag?

what stuff?
    Phone & wallet in pocket

Rich
    Free Member

Well presumable that's why you dont carry a bag. Neither do I 99% of the time.

Maybe these people carry more things than you, shock horror!

allthepies
    Free Member

Look, if you fancy him then just be direct rather than tiptoe around the issue.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Guess he didn't find your joke funny and probably offensive which makes you in the wrong.

Not really sure that you can make that judgement from a single persons offense.

Perfume? Is male perfume available, or is it just aftershave that's existed for real men for the past century?

Bags – depends on the bag, a bit odd:

Borderline:

Acceptable:

😆

I personally have loads of stuff to carry to and from work, and at weekends when biking or walking – so I take a rucksack. Any other time I have a phone and a wallet, what else could a bloke want to carry?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I use a messenger bag on a daily basis, although I do use a bright yellow north face one to just avoid any confusion….

ourmaninthenorth

the gay guy we work with was completely in agreement that handbags are for the ladies.

Ah, that clinches it then. Silly us for thinking you were being unnecessarily rude to someone about his choice of odour and vessel for personal effects.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Bit of trouble at mill’ is closed to new replies.