Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bit of brake help please
  • firestarter
    Free Member

my rear brake when i get it out the shed has quite a lot of movement on the lever before it stops me. if i pump the lever a few times it brings it back to normal and works spot on like the front. it just happens if its not been used. is this just in need of a bleed or something more sinister. thanks

khani
    Free Member

Top up the reservoir and zip tie the levers to the bars overnight
    Worked on mine when they did that, if not give em a bleed

wors

Try keeping the brake on over night by putting a cable tie round it or something, works for me.

firestarter
    Free Member

i did that for an hour and it worked a treat but if i dont use it again same thing happens. anyone know how to top up formula oro biancos ?

akira

How is the bike stored in the shed?

firestarter
    Free Member

upside down

bigdonx
    Free Member

There'll be air in the system that "rises" to the caliper end when bike upside down.
    Need bled really, but if you do the cable tie trick and then keep the bike upright between rides the situation should improve. Most of the air should rise to the top of the reservoir – and stay there.

Having said that, my experience of the same symptoms has been with Shimano brakes – the Formula reservoir arrangement means that they (the reservoirs) may not be at the highest point where air will settle??

firestarter
    Free Member

cool will try give them a bleed , just had it right way up and ziptied lever back and it was great in mins. so prob just a bit of air in from my last attempt as a bleed. i must have not quite got it . front one is sound. damn my hamfistedness lol. thanks

firestarter
    Free Member

Just remembered last time I bled them I hadn't pushed the pistons in so it was too tight on the rotor so I just took a bit out the reservoir. I bet that's it coupled with being stored upside down. Storing right way round tonight so shall see in morning lol

bigdonx
    Free Member

Do you have one of those bleed kits for Formula Brakes (Avid one works as well) – pretty good bits of kit, make the job very easy and there is a video on youtube I think that shows how to do it – the vid is for Avid brakes – but basically the same principle.
    I've used it with Formula K24's, I would guess that your ones will be a similar process.
    Good luck.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bit of brake help please’ is closed to new replies.