Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bit of an Urgent Excel Q – How do I save as pdf?
  • cb

Hi

I have a large proposal due in on Thursday, part of which is a budget entered into an Excel template. To upload the proposal I need to convert the template into a pdf.

When I use the print option I seem to get only the tab that I have open at the time, whereas I need all the tabs to be saved in a single pdf file.

How do I do this please? I don't have the full version of Acrobat if that is required.

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

CutePDF should allow you to do it.

http://www.cutepdf.com/

muddy_bum
    Free Member

In the print dialogue check that "Entire Workbook" is selected instead of active sheets.

tron
    Free Member

Print "Entire Workbook" rather than "Active sheets". Little toggle button on the dialog box that comes up after you click File and then Print.

cb

Thanks for the quick responses – however, Print Entire Workbook still results in a separate pdf for each and every tab rather than collating it all as a single pdf?

Any clues?

Cheers

cb

Cutepdf seems to be PC only – need a Mac solution.

mogrim

Not tried it, but http://www.mergepdf.net/ supposedly does it free.

And I couldn't resist: you should have got a PC. They just work 🙂

cb

Anybody????

euain

You can use Preview to join PDFs – or make an automator task to do it.

Preview route, some variation on: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20071114191806624 should work.

geoffj

Save as individual PDFs and merge using acrobat or the online tool referenced above.

ben
    Free Member

I've got the full version of Acrobat if you'd like me to try it.

Email in profile.

Ben

NJA

I use scansoft pdf pro – if I print each sheet individually but use the same filename it gives me the option to append to existing file.

It's a bit of a ballache but gets there in the end.

Hope this helps

DrJ

And I couldn't resist: you should have got a PC. They just work

Only they don't. You can output a pdf natively in MacOS, but not in Windows.

cb

Ben YGM – thanks!!!

WackoAK
    Free Member

If you have version 2007 there is a free microsoft plugin that lets you "saveas" pdf.

rickk

Assuming you are using a print type pdf converter (Bullzip or similar) then select all sheets (right click on the sheet tabs at the bottom and Select All) then print (you can see on a preview that this will let you print all the sheets as one document).
    Be very careful when editing with all sheets selected (or to put it another way – seriously not recommended) as any edit you do in a cell in one sheet will be repeated on all sheets. Which can be useful, or seriously mess your workbook up…
    Best suggestion is to revert to a single selected sheet once you've finished the print.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bit of an Urgent Excel Q – How do I save as pdf?’ is closed to new replies.