Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bit of an injury……. update
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Following on fromthis thread here, the brusing on my thigh came out nicley and it appears I have a rather strange cross like marking on my leg 😕

The majority of the swelling has gone down, but I seem to be left with a sack of fluid/squishy stuff about 6cm in diameter at the top of my thigh, just above the pruple bruise.

It’s obvious when you look at my leg as it sticks out a bit and it kind of moves a bit when you prod it, it’s slightly tneder to touch but as I said before it doesn’t hinder riding too much and walking is now pretty much fine.

Would it be worth going to the doc to see what they can do, or just wait for it to go away?

As for my elbow it’s still a bit sore to put weight directly on it but it’s scabbed up nicely and the brusiing has almost gone 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s not a bruise…

DezB
    Free Member

left with a sack of fluid/squishy stuff about 6cm in diameter at the top of my thigh

Pop it with a big needle

chakaping
    Free Member

Send the picture the daily mail, they might do a feature on it if they don’t have any veegtables that look like Jesus this week.

Drac

Sounds like just some oedema left over from the bruising plenty of movement will shift it and keeping it elevated. However, it swells any more, becomes hot to touch or painful then get it looked at. If your still in doubt get it checked anyway.

Davesport

Would it be worth going to the doc to see what they can do, or just wait for it to go away?

I think you know the answer to this one already 🙂

D.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Chaka -awesome idea, I might even get some money 😀

Cheers Drac

hora
    Free Member

That’s not a bruise…

I’ve got a similar pic from where I landed on a rock with my hip and it looked ace- showed everyone at work 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Seriously… the Dr will tell you, very sensitively I’m sure, to MTFU.

You’ve got a little bruise, you know exactly where it came from and there is sod all they can do about it.

sobriety
    Free Member

I have a similar sac of fluid (fnarr, fnarr) on my hip from a off on my road bike a few weeks ago, it’s getting steadily smaller so I would just ignore it if I were you.

steve_b77
    Free Member

TSY – not bothered about the diagnosis of the bruise, it’s just the first time I’ve had a bit of fluid build up like this, must be an age thing 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’ve never hit yourself hard enough before… TBH sounds like a bit of a haematoma (it’s posh for bruise) massage it and keep moving. You’ll be right as rain in no time.

hora
    Free Member

You’ll be right as rain in no time.

I disagree strongly. It looks like there were Deer on that trail at somepoint. You’ve landed on one of their spools etc and its basically infected.

TBH the only know cure is to find the Deer whose’s spool it belongs to then find the corresponding antidote. Unfortunately its a ticking bomb. You literally have to find that Deer now.

DezB
    Free Member

deer spool ?

hora
    Free Member

DezB stop **** around. This is serious, OP you need to find the Deer now and start copulating with them. Therein lies your cure!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Aww man, where Benton when you need him 8)

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That’s not a cross. You just didnt hit yourself hard enough for the arms of the swastika to show up. 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bit of an injury……. update’ is closed to new replies.