Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bit of an injury question
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I was merrily riding along on Monday morning at Llandegla when my front wheel washed out and I hit the deck most spectacularly, now as I wasn’t expecting this to happen I hit the trail rather hard with my right forearm/elbow & right hip/thigh.

It knocked me a bit dizzy and I had to have a little rest for a couple of minutes.

My arm hurt instantly and the blood coming through my base layer suggested a cut of some variety, closer inspection could wait – turned out to be a 3″ cut/abrasion to my forearm, glad I had my jacket on otherwise I reckon it’d much worse.

I carried on for the rest of the ride, packed up, went home and had a nice warm shower.

Come Monday evening my arm was pretty sore and starting to swell a little, my leg on the other hand was most painful – I can put weight on it fine and walk along but it hurts and I seem to have a bit of an injury induced limp.

Fast forwards to this afternoon: I can’t put weight on my elbow i.e. can’t lean my elbow/forearm on my desk and my leg is still killing me to walk on, bizzarely it’s ok to ride on 😕 But the bruising hasn’t come out yet despite the tenderness and the swelling in the area of impact.

I’d expect the thigh to be just a bad bruise in waiting, but I’m slightly concerned about my elbow, I’ve got a full’ish range of movement but as I’ve said I can’t lean on the point of impact.

Should I be concerned/visiting the doctor/A&E or just get on with it and give it a couple of days.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Early onset OA.

alfabus
    Free Member

Since you have left it this long, I suppose you should go to your GP.

However, they will almost certainly tell you to go to A&E.

So probably best to pick a time which will be quiet (not pub closing time) and go along for an x-ray on your elbow. I should imagine that your leg is not broken since you are able to put (some) weight on it without screaming like a girl (universal measure of broken leg).

I am not a doctor.

Dave

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheers Dave,

Was wondering if I’d done a bit of a 2010 TdF on my Elbow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bit of an injury question’ is closed to new replies.