Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bit more tense than your
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    ollie
    Free Member

Respect.

wwaswas

not related but this bit of headcam footage had me wincing this morning;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k[/video]

scaredypants

Respect

Yeah, but I don’t quite get it – why don’t they just blow them up from a distance ?

sobriety
    Free Member

It’s probably got something to do with the proximity to people/homes/businesses, and they’d need to determine the size of the bomb (to set a perimeter for detonating it), and check to make sure there’s not a chemical/biological/nuclear element, once they’ve done all that, they may as well turn it off while they’re there 😉

v8ninety

HOLY CRAP! that wingsuit vid is crazy.

scaredypants

well, I know what you mean but there’s very little precedent over there for anything other than just “explosive plus bolts” isn’t there ?

I’d guess also that the bombs are mostly “small” ie to kill people rather than demolish buildings

could erect “a bit” of a steel wall/ sandbags round it and just go bang – even just paint it with dayglo and tell locals to stay away ?

Might reinforce the notion that their “own” are willing to put bombs right next to people/homes/businesses

(adds): I haven’t even watched the hollwood movie let alone done a tour of duty so, yes, I’m specualting

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LOL at the moment when the other bomb goes off:

“I may have forgot to tell Ron about that…” says Fraser. 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bit more tense than your’ is closed to new replies.